Temporary disable usb capture/grabber on rule

• When using an USB Cam or a Picam for v4l2 grabber capture input, then it would be nice to have a possibility to disable the grabber temporary if there is no need to capture.

Because a cam will capture all the time, where a (fushicai) grabber only captures when the input source is sending a signal.

For me the grabber should capture from the cam only if the TV is on.
    It is a SmartTV and when I'm watching TV he is reachable in local network.

Therefore it should be fine if the v4l2 grabber (USB recording in ng) is deactivated if a specific IP adress isn't reachable and switched on again if the IP is reachable.
    (or can the USB recording controlled remote/command line, then I can write a separate controller script switching it on / off)

Or maybe there are other, better solutions...

I'm not sure if related to: https://hyperion-project.org/t…d-shutdown-detection.146/

• Such a json request and Hyperion-remote call to enable/disable the grabber, is this already possible in classic and ng?
    How do they look like? For Hyperion remote, is it something different to --clear or -c black ?

• Ok thanks, I think I will do it by a script/cron and controlling with hyperion remote.
    Found

Code
    -E, --enable <enable>                              Enable the Component with the given name. Available Components are [SMOOTHING,                                                                                                                    BLACKBORDER, FORWARDER,                                                                                                                       UDPLISTENER,                                                                                                                                  BOBLIGHT_SERVER, GRABBER,         
                                                                                                                V4L, LEDDEVICE]                                                                            
    -D, --disable <disable> ...

or maybe for all

Code
    --off                                              deactivates hyperion                                                                       
    --on                                               activates hyperion

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!