The USB Video Grabber thread - which to buy

• TPmodding has informed me that the Fushicai USBTV007 usb video capture device is the best choice. I am on my second STK1160 device using OSMC on a raspberry pi2 and it just is not stable. Note: It is necessary to use external power and a USB hub. I can surely say that you should not use the STK1160 with the pi2 at this point.

If you have a stable ambilight grabber setup, please post which grabber you have and more importantly, a link where you purchased it.

I have just purchased this "Easier Cap" for $10 http://www.aliexpress.com/item…mm-video/32648776826.html

There is a cheaper one that may ship slower for $7 here: http://www.aliexpress.com/item…V-Easier/32649108992.html

New Hardware that doesn't work properly since 2020:
    202 APA102 Leds with 10amp power supply
    RPi 4 with power supply
    Windows Grabber, Win10 64bit PC
    Ubiquity Unifi Network

Old Hardware that never worked properly since 2014:
    137 ws2801 LEDs
    HDMI splitter
    HD2AV (NTSC video source)
    STK1160
    rpi2 with OSMC

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von LooseChange ()

• I am using the STK grabber without problems (without USB hub). It offered me the best quality and its all stable. Only thing you get is "frame to small" error from time to time when you take screenshots. But thats only annyoing at the "Setup" phase.
    Tested several grabbers (fushicai, stk, Empia chipset and Pinnacle Dazzle, whatever chipset it has xD )
    Its either fushicai or STK I would say.

My STK is the "mumbi" one from amazon.

• Offizieller Beitrag

i never used a usb-hub, it runs very well with both chipset directly connected to rpi usb slots..but i think it is form hardware to hardware different, but with a usb hub you are always on the safe site

• HalbesHaehnchen I saw your screenshots and STK1160 does look the best but I havent been able to get consistent results. The picture usually loses color and reduces to black and white. So my ambilight clone works, but not in color. Also, there are flickering random color horizontal lines that make the LEDs flash, so it make my ambilight useless. Sometimes it works in color but again, the color flickering from the horizontal random color lines is almost constant and annoying.

What is your setup, HalbesHaehnchen? I put mine in my signature: Rpi2, STK1160, latest OSMC, and latest hyperion. Maybe OSMC is the problem?

RPi 4 with power supply
    Ubiquity Unifi Network

137 ws2801 LEDs
    HDMI splitter
    STK1160
    rpi2 with OSMC

• uhmm as for the "flickering / flash" effect I had similar problems with some grabbers. It is indeed very annoying, especially on desktop environment. I am using Jessie Full version. It might be a driver problem but I have no clue about Linux :D
    I am using the pi2 with apa102 stripes and a 4K converter on NTSC (since my resolution is above 1080p I have to use it)

You could check v4l2 values

Code
    v4l2-ctl -list-ctrls

If you cant fix it with them it might be a hardware problem, either the grabber or the converter. You could check it with your windows machine, so you can see your cloned image on your own desktop.

• Is Jesse for OSMC or OLEC?

RPi 4 with power supply
    Ubiquity Unifi Network

137 ws2801 LEDs
    HDMI splitter
    STK1160
    rpi2 with OSMC

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!