Trying to turn off leds with tv usb

• Hello , I was able to install ambilight on my 70" tv . It works great but when I turn off the tv the lights come with the rainbow colors and stays like that. I'm trying to turn off with the USB on the tv with a relay . I'm thinking if it is possible to use the 5v from the tv usb to power the relay so when the tv stars it gives power to the usb , starts the relay, that is connected to the "+" of the leds and makes the connection to turn on the lights. My question is i'm not a electronic guy and I don't know if it will damage the tv or the lights . should i use something else ?
    This is the relay i'm using

Thank you very much

• Yes it's 120v. I use two power supply's. One for the Rpi and one for the Led's. The power tail switch's the Led power supply on/off when tv powers on/off. By way of the low voltage sensor, that is plugged in to the tv 's usb port.

However this was meant more as a point in the right direction. You mentioned your where not a electronic guy, so I pointed to a simpler/safer solution. The google page also has D.I.Y. links as well, they my help with designing a 5v switch. for more of a hands on approach.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!