TV screen blackouts

• Hello!
    I have a weird problem. Led strips are working well, all the animations are un-interrupted and LEDs are showing nice colours but when watching movies with Kodi then every couple of seconds I get some random TV screen blackouts. It looks like TV loses HDMI signal for a moment and then finds it again. When shutting Hyperion service off then everything goes back to normal. So its definitely Hyperion related.

I built my Hyperion system inspired from the "official build" except I have all the connections soldered. LED strip is WS2801 with 117 leds, RPI3 with LibreElec 8.0.1 and 10A power supply for leds. Wiring is made according to the tutorial.
    I read now that people are using some additional capacitors and resistors. Are they needed for my purpose?

• Zitat

... every couple of seconds I get some random TV screen blackouts. It looks like TV loses HDMI signal for a moment and then finds it again. When shutting Hyperion service off then everything goes back to normal. So its definitely Hyperion related.

I also had this issue. Try Openelec v8.0.4 and do a complete fresh install (Write image to SD-card). Then install Hyperion via Hypercon.jar.

• Having a hard time remembering, but I believe that I had this issue when power was not connected to the HDMI to RCA adapter.

My receiver has dual HDMI outputs and when one was disconnected it would flash both outputs black and then come back on.
    It was a brief enough moment that the lights never seemed to stop working, but enough to make the receiver lose it's mind.

I think either something wasn't connected to power, a loose cord or perhaps a bad one somewhere. Wish I could remember :unsure:

• Hello,
    I have the same trouble, screen blackouts. Theses troubles stop immediately if I stop Hyperion with HyperCon.

At now, my config is:
    -Raspberry Pi 2B+ and Raspberry Pi 3
    -SK9822 (300Leds)
    -LibreElec/Kodi
    -30A LEDs power supply
    -2.1A Raspberry Pi power supply
    I used default configuration of HyperCon (46LEDs), I just changed HW type in order to have the LEDs working.

I tested without connecting DATA/CLOCK GPIO pins of the raspberry Pi, still blackouts.
    I also made a test with Arduino nano as intermediate, using Adalight and AdalightAPA102, same result...

What could be the cause of this problem? Any suggestions or solutions? I will try to install OpenElec as suggested by m717, I hope it will works.

Edit: It seems to be OK with OpenElec 8.0.4. Is there a solution to have Hyperion working with LibreElec (simple to have multi boot with Raspbian using Noobs)?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!