Use Internal and External Grabber

• Hi, I was wondering how people are switching between using the external usb grabber and the internal grabber for Kodi? I thought I was being smart by using the hdmi output of my raspberry pi, looped to the hdmi switch and hdmi splitter (the ‘all sources’ setup) and back to the raspberry pi through the external grabber; so I can still use it for my PS4 or Kodi without Hyperion config changes.

The loop back worked for Kodi, but it dropped my resolution to something smaller on the external grabber’s screenshot and the image on my TV. I also lost the CEC functionality, so I am assuming the hdmi splitter doesn’t handle CEC. But what can I do about the resolution or how can I change my setup to switch between external and internal grabbers? Thanks!

• Thanks TPmodding, I think I have seen an English version of that. It uses two separate configs in Kodi and shortcut to switch between them? If I am understanding correctly, if I was playing my PS4 and want Ambilight on, I’d first have to change my TV input over to Kodi to enable this config switch over and then change the TV input back to the PS4. I know it sounds a little trivial, but I want to know if there is a hardware solution to this, such as what I attempted? I don’t want to constantly have to switch the Hyperion config through Kodi between two configs, as normally I am turning my ambilight on through HomeKit.

• Offizieller Beitrag

there is a "hardware" method where you can add an switch/button to the rpi-pins and press it to start also a script which changes your config... i think there is a thread here in this forum about this..not sure

• Awesome, running the script could be what I need! Then I could add it in homebridge as a ‘switch’ trigger for HomeKit and do it remotely :) I will search and see what I can find for this, thanks for the advice TPmodding.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!