Video Grabber Freezes

• Hey everyone I'm moving my Hyperion setup to a raspberry pi zero. So it worked fine on a pi 3 but now the video grabber freezes. When I try to take a screenshot with it it just freezes. If I cancel then I have to reboot because the grabber is "busy".

Do you think it is power related? Perhaps it isn't getting enough power, has anyone set this up with a pie zero w before? I know the grabber works from my previous build.

I'm open for suggestions. I'm using my old config and hyperion starts just fine. I just don't think the grabber is seeing anything and freezes when taking screenshots.

Thanks for any help!

• How are you powering the Pi zero and how is the grabber connected to the Pi.?

I've always have used a powered usb hub.
    Grabber into the hub, hub into the Pi, and the Pi powered from the hub as well.

Hope its of help

• How are you powering the Pi zero and how is the grabber connected to the Pi.?

I've always have used a powered usb hub.
    Grabber into the hub, hub into the Pi, and the Pi powered from the hub as well.

Hope its of help

Thanks for the reply. So the pi came with a 2.5A power supply and I'm using that. I use a usb micro to full size usb then plug the grabber into that.

I ordered a powered usb hub so I'll give that a try and report back. Thanks again!

• Okay so I got the hub. I actually don't think it was an issue with the grabber but possible with the hdmi to rca. It required power via usb and I was using a usb port from my tv. I swapped to the hub I bought and now it seems to work. I tested on windows and when I connected everything back up to the pi it started working like normal.

I'm good to go now thanks for the help!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!