Weird Lighting Going On (Video Included)

• I originally started the project with an rpi0w, however, last night I replaced my rpi0w with an rpi3 and started from scratch. Installed OSMC (2017-09-01), installed all of the updates I could get through My OSMC. Installed Hyperion fresh again and double checked for updates and the like. I am now using Hypercon 1.03.2, which was released today.

Here's what it looks like when I try to set it to the color red (255,0,0):

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

For the hardware, I am using 87 LEDs total (with no gaps), connected to a 5V, 8A power supply, and corners connected using 4 pin connector cables. All of the lights are being lit up. I am using a terminal block in between all of these connections to avoid soldering. I have plans to use an HDMI splitter + USB grabber later on, once I can get the basic set up working.

I have also attached the hyperion.config.json file as well. Can someone please advice me on what to try next?

• Don't have a level shift (or know what that is tbh, I'm a newbie).

Tried swapping data and clock lines. CK on the ws2801 LED is connected to CI (pin 23) and SI on the LEDs is connected to DI (pin 19). When I swapped them, I wasn't even getting all of the LEDs lit up.

• Solved!! I was being a complete idiot and I didn't ground the RPi3. Once I did that, everything works. The only thing I need to worry about for the current set up now is color calibration, possibly moving the lights closer to the edge of the TV, and figuring out why sometimes the corner LEDs are blue. After that, I will play with the USB grabber so I use my chromecast with it.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!