white is flickering/blinking

• Hi all

Please, can somebody help with Hypercon settings?
    I have Lightberry HD kit installed and LEDs are working but not quite correct so I've tried to calibrate it with Hypercon.
    The problem is white color; when I put totally white screen as suggested in the calibration part of this WIKI my LEDs are white but they are constantly blinking.
    Can somebody suggest what do I have to do to make them stop blinking?

I've uploaded json file and gif to see blinking.

Thanks
    Mark

• I had that happen.The power supply I was using was lying about it's true amp rating.

Or it could simply be an inadequate power supply amperage.

Each led at full white level uses 60 milliamps, So say you have 200 led's shining at full white. That demands a power supply that capable of 12 amps. However I would recommend a power supply that's about 20% over the amps needed. You don't want to have a power supply running at 100% capacity for long.

Hope its of help.

• Thanks for the answer but I don’t think that is the case cause I have original power supply that came with Lightberry system.
    I have total 112 pcs APA102 leds and my power supply is 5V 6A
    Is that to weak?

Thanks
    Mark

• 112 led's x .06 amp's (60ma) = 6.72 amp's is what your led strip maximum amp draw is.

Your supply is (if not faulty) a maximum 6 amps.

An 8 or 10 amp supply would be more suitable.

Hope it of help.

• Yes the math points to that conclusion.
    8 amp supply's I have seen in a enclosed plastic case with a barrel connector and ac plug attached.
    10 amps supply will most likely have to have some wiring done to it, because most 5v 10 amp supply's are bare metal cage's (no AC or output wiring comes attached.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!