Would a USB to DMX converter and DMX lights be supported?

• Like the title says... I would like to use a USB to DMX converter together with my RPi2B+ and a video grabber to make a large Ambilight system with DMX controlled led spots. Is this possible in the current version and if so how do I configure it in the hypercon?

Many thanks in advance

• Hello penfold42,
    thank you for your quick answer.

My DMX controller looks like this:

I'm fairly new to Hyperion so dont expect too much from me...
    You want the configuration file as sample code?

Thanks again for your time

• Hi,

I just found this DMX related thread and wanted to ask if it is possible to support DMX Lights controlled via an Artnet-interface over ethernet?
    I am currently looking for a way to use the Enttec ODE Open DMX Ethernet interface to feed my lights with data from the Raspi but I didn't found a solution yet.

• To prepare me for tomorrow when the hardware arrives can you tell me what exactly I have to change in my hyperion-config (or a new one?) and how to address the right dmx channels?

This is my current config file:

• Can you use the web interface ?

Start hyperiond and give it a nonnexistent config file and then browse to http://<host>:8099

The led device config section should have a dropdown with the device type (artdmx) and fields for the (starting) universe, artnet ip and port.

The channels are mapped directly from Hyperion led indexes in order and should follow the colour order specified:

Dmx channel 1 is hyperion LED 0 red
    Dmx channel 2 is hyperion LED 0 green
    Dmx channel 3 is hyperion LED 0 blue
    Dmx channel 4 is hyperion LED 1 red
    Dmx channel 5 is hyperion LED 1 green
    Dmx channel 6 is hyperion LED 1 blue

If you specify more leds than 1 universe can support, additional universes are used for the overflow.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!