Wrong grabber chipset?

• Hi guys,

I have had hyperion working before using Kodi and before that had something working using an arduino. But now I want everything to work with the ambilight, not just my PC or Kodi box. So I read up on howto's and documentation and bought the required hardware: HDMI -> component and a USB grabber. I already had an RPi and my A/V receiver has an HDMI splitter build in :).

I connected everything and tested it. Using mplayer I can get a (not very stable stream) on my RPi, but hyperion doesn't seem to work with it. I think the USB grabber has the wrong chipset as I don't see any mention of one of the compatible chipsets on the thing (see attached images). But it should be able to work right? As I am getting the stream in another application.

To get it to work (easy solution), should I just order another USB grabber (so does this one indeed have another chipset)? Or do I have to do some configuration?

Kind regards,
    Erwin

• Thanks, I ordered a new grabber from AliExpress which said it had the UTV007 chipset. We'll see if it works, if I don't forget I will post the result when it finally arrives :)

could you send me the link on where you got your grabber? i too have the same issue and my chip set is 1OR-1717

• could you send me the link on where you got your grabber? i too have the same issue and my chip set is 1OR-1717

I found this one on AliExpress:
    https://www.aliexpress.com/ite…-4-3-2-1/32314462209.html

I only noticed just now that the URL says it's something completely different, which is weird. On the page itself it says it's an USB capture device. If you don't trust this one, you can use AliExpress' search function to search for one of the chipsets that should work (UTV007 and stk1160), I got a whole bunch of items saying they used either of those chipsets. Of course you never really know when ordering from sites like that... I have heard stories ranging from items that didn't look like the one ordered to completely different products.

• I found this one on AliExpress:
    https://www.aliexpress.com/ite…-4-3-2-1/32314462209.html

I only noticed just now that the URL says it's something completely different, which is weird. On the page itself it says it's an USB capture device. If you don't trust this one, you can use AliExpress' search function to search for one of the chipsets that should work (UTV007 and stk1160), I got a whole bunch of items saying they used either of those chipsets. Of course you never really know when ordering from sites like that... I have heard stories ranging from items that didn't look like the one ordered to completely different products.

do you think onnce i get my grabber you could help me out with troubleshooting?

• I am really just following the guides online :) Not an expert.

recieved my Grabber and tested it, it works great. now i have all my parts and about to connect everything. just wondering what LED you are using? and i plan on using SMB2812B LEDs. i know it the guid says APA102 LEDs. connected to Pin 19 and 23. but with 2812 there are only 3 connections. G,Pw, Data.

• Cool, I am still eagerly waiting for the grabber to come in the mail.

I am using apa102 leds. But others should be fine as well. You have to make sure the strip works with raspberry though. Some strips work differently and rely on a single process that controls them. As the raspberry works woth threads and more intelligent it cannot deliver the output needed for those types of ledstrips.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!