WS2801 - RPi 3B+ - no function

• Hi guys,

I'm now working since a few days on my setup and I think I'm absolutely at the end :D

Following problem:
    When I turn on the power supply almost all LEDs light up, but quite random which lights and which not.
    When I turn off the power supply and turn it back on less and less LED's are lighting every time. When I completely disconect everything and wait some minutes almost all LED's are lighting again.
    I tried a seperat piece of about 30 LED's and have exactly the same effect.

When I start Hyperion I get a SSH connection and can install everything according to the SSH protocol. However, when I send color nothing happens, the LED's stays the same all the time. No matter what I try.

I use OSMC on my RasPi3 B +. I have also replayced the Pi with a completely new one and have the same effect.
    I have repeatedly measured the lines, all connections are fine and there are no short circuits.

Slowly I'm really desperate.

So this is my setup:
    Raspberry PI3 B+
    OSMC
    LED Stripe WS2801 (114LED's)
    Power Supply 5V 10A

GPIO Pins:
    GND (blue): Pin 6
    SI (red): PIn 19
    CK (green): Pin 23

Power supply: V+ is 5V (red) and V- is GND (black/red)

The other side of the stripe. Brown is V+ (5V) and white is V- (GND)

I hope somebody over here can help me or hase some ideas what I could try.
    Thank you in advance

• Hi,

Try appending:

Code
    spidev.bufsiz=32768

to /boot/cmdline.txt .

And add:

Code
    core_freq=250

to /boot/config.txt .

And reboot.

This is a fix for ws2812 leds running via SPI. However I'm thinking it may work for any SPI driven led.
    It seems some distributions have settings that may not be optimal for SPI data transfer wile using SPI driven led's

I hope it helps.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!