WS2813 not responsive

• Hello,

Here is what I did:

• Install Hyperion with Hypercon.jar on Rpi 3b on Debian

• Connect 6 LED WS2813 to the Rpi (pin 19 for DI, no connection for BI, as it is supposed to work as the WS2812b)

• Connect the LED strip +5V to the V+ of the 5V 20A DC current ( this part: https://www.amazon.fr/gp/produ…_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ) I tried 6 LED first to see the feasbility of the project.

• Connect Ground from LED strip and Rpi (pin 6 ) to the ground of the power supply of the LED strip.
    • Connect an HDMI splitter / Hdmi to RCA converter / FrameGrabber UTV007 to Rpi
    • Configure the Hyperion with Hypercon

What works:

• Installation of Hyperion seems ok
    • Screenshot of FrameGrabber Works
    • Send conifguration to the Rpi works ( I can see the file on the Rpi being modified)
    • The LOG when I start Hyperion shows no error

However, the LED never light.

What I tried to debug:

• I de-solder the DI connection, increase the rainbow effect from 3 s to 1 min and try to connect it with every pin, no thing.
    • Check with the Multimeter every connection.

Here is the .json config file:

Here is the LOG file:

Question:

• I saw that WS2812b are connected via Arduino. Is it possible to do without it ?
    • Is the connection from DI to PIN 19 correct ?
    • Where do I connect BI to ?

• Is there a small program I can try directly from the RPi to test if the LED are still functionnal ?
    • Should I try it with OpenElec instead of Debian ?

• Is there something more I can try ?

Thank you,

Melponeme.

• hello ws2813B works great as ws281x-spi
    without Arduino with Raspberry Pi Zero
    Connect the first LED Bi and Gnd together
    For a working system, I need a 2.2 kΩ resistor from the spi output to the led DI input.
    Without resistance or with 300ohm resistance does not work,
    no idea why.
    5V power supply to the LED strip will not work. Only when the voltage is 4.7V-4.8V.
    Maybe this is a peculiarity of the WS2813 / B
    You may need a protection circuit on the data bus, otherwise the first LED will eventually fuse to overvoltage.
    1.) WS281x-SPI
    2.) 2.2k ohms on DI
    3.) Bridge the first BI with GND to the LED
    4.) Set 4.7V as power supply
    5.) In the config.txt force_turbo = 1 set
    requires a steady CPU clock on the Raspberry Pi.

• Please connect the DATA cable individually and with a shielded cable to the LED.
    And please connect a schottkey diode to the DI data bus input. to prevent a voltage spike when switching on and off the power supply.
    Have long cables 2m.
    With very short you may not need something like that.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!