Zero W + WS2815 Weird Glitches then freeze

• So I've been having weird glitches with my WS2815 led strips, it used to work perfectly, the video below and my last few posts on my instragram demonstrate: https://www.instagram.com/renoxdeception/

[MEDIA=imgur]height=480;id=Ws9nSnj;type=gifv;width=854[/MEDIA]

however, something changed, and now my leds will work normally for a few seconds, then glitch out (as seen in the most recent instagram post on June 15th and also the video below)

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Config is as follows, I am using 332 leds on ws2815 led strips being powered by an 800-watt pc power supply, the reason I wanted ws2815 was due to 12v input, so amperage would be lower and power supplies are more readily available in the specified ranges.

I have verified all of my soldering on the strips, and everything is making good connections.

I have the strips powered from both ends with 12v and ground, ground is connected to the raspberry pi as well.

I have tried a level shifter 3.3v -> 5v to no avail.

Additionally, I have heard that I need a capacitor or resistor on the DI or BI lanes on the strip to prevent ringing, but I have not tried this yet.

I am thinking I will need an ocsilloscope to see what is happening or causing this.

Any ideas?

core clock on pi zero w is 250.
    I have tried many different rates with no improvement except breaking it completely lol

• Not sure if this helps you at all, as I'm a bit late to the party, but I stumbled on this post looking for solutions to a very similar issue. I'll put my experience here to help you and others that find this post.

I upgraded my setup from WS2812B to WS2815 about a month ago, and everything seemed to be working fine. They quickly developed intermittent flashing issues, and that grew into complete unresponsiveness, random flashing, and random colors displayed when setting it via the app color palette. I figured this must be a bad hardware issue, and I tried replacing just about every component in my setup without any luck.

Long story short, the issue was caused by my cable management, as grouping the TV power, 12V supply, and HDMI cables together with the WS2815 data line caused EM inductive interference. Separating the wires running to the LED strips and the wires feeding power to everything else immediately resolved all my flashing issues. Hopefully that helps, as your symptoms sound eerily similar to what I was dealing with.

PS. I found a rate of 3800000 to be the sweet spot but YMMV.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!