The installation of hyperion consists of several steps:
1. installation of the dependencies and hyperion files (default installed to '/usr/share/hyperion/') (symlinked to /usr/bin/)
2. Raspberry Pi only: add "dtparam=spi=on" to your config.txt
3. configuration file for the hyperion daemon (default file '/etc/hyperion/hyperion.config.json')
4. add hyperiond as a os-service
5. start the hyperion service
- on initctl: "hyperion.conf" in '/etc/init'
- on init.d: "hyperion" in '/etc/init.d'
- on systemd: "hyperion.service" in '/etc/systemd/system'
All these steps are wrapped into a single installation script which you could download and execute with just one click inside HyperCon.
- on initctl: 'sudo initctl start hyperion'
- on init.d: 'sudo service hyperion start'
- on systemd: 'sudo systemctl start hyperion'
HINT: You could also update your Hyperion with the methods given below!
- Installation on all systems
- Installation on LibreELEC
- Installation on RasPlex
- Installation on MacOS
- Installation with command line
Hyperion - uninstall
It is possible to remove Hyperion completely from your system.
HINT: This is also useful if you screwed up something to start from the beginning just follow the link below.
This page has been seen 145,676 times.
- Created byLast updated by