4k HDR Capable HDMI Splitter (supposedly)

• Just as a follow up, I've been in frequent contact with Ezcoo about the lack of Dolby Digital on the Ezcoo splitter, they even had their engineer send me pictures from the lab showing it working on their 55" OLED. They ended up sending me a new one straight from China and sure enough, I just tested it and it does indeed pass Dolby Vision without any problems now (possibly new firmware I guess?). Very impressed with their level of customer support in trying to get this to work.

Only challenge I still have is that it doesn't strip HDR from the scaled output, so the signal sent to Hyperion on my PI is pink/white and distorted. So while it works fine now w/ my LG OLED when connected, since the scaled output retains HDR its not usable for Hyperion. Not sure if there is a way around that yet, is there?

Also, on a side note - anyone else see that HD Fury has added HDR to SDR conversion into the HDFury4? Interestingly enough, they are also testing adding LED capabilities directly into the box by integrating an LED driver and using the 3d output. Its $279, but it could end up being a one stop solution - https://www.hdfury.com/product/hdfury-x4/

• Hey, does the ezcoo also convert the hcdp from 2.2 to 1.4 on the 1080p output? Or do u use a hcdp converter after that before going into the RCA converter and then in the USB grabber?

Just as a follow up, I've been in frequent contact with Ezcoo about the lack of Dolby Digital on the Ezcoo splitter, they even had their engineer send me pictures from the lab showing it working on their 55" OLED. They ended up sending me a new one straight from China and sure enough, I just tested it and it does indeed pass Dolby Vision without any problems now (possibly new firmware I guess?). Very impressed with their level of customer support in trying to get this to work.

Only challenge I still have is that it doesn't strip HDR from the scaled output, so the signal sent to Hyperion on my PI is pink/white and distorted. So while it works fine now w/ my LG OLED when connected, since the scaled output retains HDR its not usable for Hyperion. Not sure if there is a way around that yet, is there?

Also, on a side note - anyone else see that HD Fury has added HDR to SDR conversion into the HDFury4? Interestingly enough, they are also testing adding LED capabilities directly into the box by integrating an LED driver and using the 3d output. Its $279, but it could end up being a one stop solution - https://www.hdfury.com/product/hdfury-x4/

• Hey, does the ezcoo also convert the hcdp from 2.2 to 1.4 on the 1080p output? Or do u use a hcdp converter after that before going into the RCA converter and then in the USB grabber?

You do not need a HCDP converter according to the tutorials I have seen. 4k signal --> ezcoo--> 1080p to rca --> USB grabber.

• Just join this form so i can post in this thread.

I too am looking for the ideal splitter, i have recently got a 4K Samsung TV and thus it has rendered my game capture setup redundant, as my AVR doesn't support HDR and i used to use my AVR's 2 HDMI outputs to my xbox (HDMI Output 1) and to my capture card (HDMI Output 2), i also used to have a Digital to Analog converter in between my AVR and capture card, so i need a splitter that does 4K HDR, downscales (4K input1 & 1080p input2) as my capture card only accepts 1080p and also extracts the audio (toslink or 2 phono outputs (stereo).

The Ezcoo seemed to be the answer but from some of you guys reports that it doesnt remove HDR from the 2nd input and gives a washed out picture and also there doesnt appear to be any sellers based in the UK or Europe and would need to get if from america.

I did however come across this one from XOLORspace on Amazon.....

XOLORspace splitter downscaler supports simultaneously 1x2 4K HDR w scaler x

or this one from AV Access....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0…gid=pla-562707723011&th=1

they seem to do everything the Ezcoo does bar the audio extraction as it has no toslink output, which is a real shame for my setup :(.

Did Ezcoo ever say if there were looking into fixing the HDR on output 2 issue??

• I am using the HDFury Vertex in combination with the HDfury X4 and a STK1160 grabber.
    The Vertex and X4 combination ist working properly with any 4K HDR/Dolby Vision Content and delivers a nice and bright converted HDR to SDR Image for the grabber.

I don't think the Lightberry Kit can convert a HDR image to a proper colored SDR image.

• I am using the HDFury Vertex in combination with the HDfury X4 and a STK1160 grabber.
    The Vertex and X4 combination ist working properly with any 4K HDR/Dolby Vision Content and delivers a nice and bright converted HDR to SDR Image for the grabber.

I don't think the Lightberry Kit can convert a HDR image to a proper colored SDR image.

Good to know that there is a working way (without using a camera source) but your 500+ € setup is way over my budget ;)

• Good to know that there is a working way (without using a camera source) but your 500+ € setup is way over my budget ;)

I was also quite shocked when I found out that using the X4 is actually the only working way right now. But i managed to get my FULL setup now for *only* 420€
    4k + HDR messed building an ambilight project totally up

• Hi, I'm new to all this so forgive me if the question I'll ask was already answered :)

I'm, like you, building an ambilight for a 4K HDR setup, and from what I understand and seems to be confirmed by @Shwao the HDFury X4 is the only scaler able to convert HDR to SDR without washed colors, is that correct ?

If yes, another question, is it mandatory to connect the X4 to an HDFury Vertex or would any HDR-enabled splitter do the trick ?

• Hey all!

I write just as fyi, i continued to search for a device to use as a splitter for the whole signal (10gbps, 4k hdr hdcp2.2 ecc) and i found these two on amazon.it, which both seems to work (reading reviews and i asked too).

Lindy 38240 Splitter 18GBit Porte

FeinTech VSP01201 HDMI Splitter distributore EDID

And the last one also has a downscaler built-in, which (it seems) lets pass one full 4khdr signal output and one 1080 output (really useful for the rpi usb grabber).
    I haven't tested it nor bought yet, but maybe i will because i tried the external camera grabber and the results aren't enough satisfying (difficult to find a position for the camera, too much equipment in the room and wifi lags, sadly).

Cheers!

• If i was to use a 4k HDR scaler to produce 1080p output, What expectations should i have around an SDR vs HDR signal, should the output video signal contain the same same colour palette - and therefore the scaler is just omitting the HDR meta, or does the HDR video signal need some sort of conversion to reduce the colour space. I've seen other posts with washed out colours and not sure if this is something that can be fixed.

• It does not work at home!
    If the source is 4K HDR the picture on the TV is in 4K HDR but ambilight does not display the right colors.
    If the source is 4K SDR everything works perfectly.
    Tested on TV sony Oled AF8 , Youtube 4K HDR, mkv 4K HDR ,chromecast ultra 4k.

• Hi all,

after changing my setup from 1080p to 4k i ended up here because nothing worked as expected anymore :(
    Changed hdmi to av converter to a 2160p one, but still didn't work until i found out i need a splitter that scalares one output down.

After reading the last pages i am a litte bit fustrated as it seems theres no working solution below 500+ € that works well.

I found this one, and for that price maybe it is worth a try:

https://www.aliexpress.com/sto…8148356.42.ed75160bR33pyw

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!