direct HDMI -> USB UTV0007 grabber - anybody have experience with this?

• Sorry, I should have clarified.

Some hdmi2av converters I've purchased have the same exact problem. ̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶e̶i̶t̶h̶e̶r̶.̶ I returned many due to the crop issue, till finding a good one that works ok. However I purchased a second from the same vendor and it was a bad one.

• I've been buying from various Aliexpress sellers. I usually go for the least expensive stuff I can find.

UTV0007 (that state it actually has a UTV0007 chip) USB grabbers I have bought had all worked. I've ordered 10 from various sellers.

With hdmi2av converters, It's been hit or miss. With the average on the miss side.

• Just to update all, I've solved my cropping issue with the direct HDMI grabber (purchased the Nsendato version of aliexpress for $14). When I changed my hyperion config to PAL, it stopped cropping the right and bottom. It's almost perfect!

Here's the big issue and bc I do not understand the back feeding power concept, I wonder if my issue is due to this grabber. I've got the HDMI usb grabber plugged into my Pi (and to fast forward, now it's plugged into an external powered USB hub. My HDMI splitter is attached to the same power supply as my PI, the USB hub is on a different power source.

Without fail, watching the fire TV, every few min my playback pauses. I've pretty much isolated to the HDMI USB grabber. I'm fairly certain it's something to do with this back feed power issue? I think what's causing the playback to pause is either some surge or power overload with my splitter. The funny thing is that even with the splitter output going into my HDMI USB grabber, but not plugged into the USB hub, the video will still cut out occasionallly. This I don't understand but after reading some of these posts about the HDMI powering the grabber/Pi, maybe this is my issue.

Any ideas here on how to stop. I love the color over my HDMI2AV converters, but can't use this with constant pausing.

• Anyone? Would love some ideas on how to prevent this HDMI grabber from pulling too much power from my splitter. An HDMI surge protector maybe? I've even tried the redmere one directional cable with no luck.

• Did you ever figure out the power backfeeding issue? It's driving me crazy and I really want to use this grabber but some sort of surge is constantly causing my fire TV to pause video playback. Again, I think it's something to do with my HDMI splitter power being surged, but it only happens when I use the HDMI grabber. The RCA/Composite grabber has no issue.

• im using the same HDMI grabber and it works relatively well.

• Nice to have less wires
    • Have to put it in PAL format for there not to be a large cropping issues. Either way I lose a little bit on the top :(
    • I wish the refresh rate was better......... I wouldnt really mind buying something better but the options are limited with USB 2.0
    • Honestly the backfeed problem only bothered me while I was still working with my config because it would keep my arduino on. Now I just ignore it
    • Mine gets kind of warm but not hot at all so im not sure why people say it is too hot. maybe mine is different.....
  • im using the same HDMI grabber and it works relatively well.

• Nice to have less wires
    • Have to put it in PAL format for there not to be a large cropping issues. Either way I lose a little bit on the top :(
    • I wish the refresh rate was better......... I wouldnt really mind buying something better but the options are limited with USB 2.0
    • Honestly the backfeed problem only bothered me while I was still working with my config because it would keep my arduino on. Now I just ignore it
    • Mine gets kind of warm but not hot at all so im not sure why people say it is too hot. maybe mine is different.....

Can I ask what splitter you're using? My issue is that the direct HDMI grabber backfeeding causes my splitter to reset every 10 min, which in turn either pauses or restarts my fireTV, I believe because of some CEC signal or something. I do not have any issues with the HDMI2AV converter setup. It's only with this. I thought about trying an HDMI surge protector but I dont want to spend more money unless I hear of a similar setup/issue as mine.

• Can I ask what splitter you're using? My issue is that the direct HDMI grabber backfeeding causes my splitter to reset every 10 min, which in turn either pauses or restarts my fireTV, I believe because of some CEC signal or something. I do not have any issues with the HDMI2AV converter setup. It's only with this. I thought about trying an HDMI surge protector but I dont want to spend more money unless I hear of a similar setup/issue as mine.

im using the ezcoo splitter. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078…TBDYN?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

but I hear it doesnt work with HDR or Dolby Vision. Fortunately for me my TV doesnt have either

• i would like to try this one

https://auvidea.com/b101-hdmi-to-csi-2-bridge-15-pin-fpc/

but as a student, i can not spend 70eur just for "testing"

even with that piece I think the best you can do is 1080p at 30hz or 720p at 60.

I personally think the best best is to find a different board that works with hyperion AND takes a usb 3.0 connection.

There are a few usb 3.0 capture devices that are compatible with v4lc

• I tried and it's ok, but when the player switch to 24 Hz, crop again...

• OK, let's try:
    My Grabber is powered as normal via USB from the Raspberry.
    Test on my side give me the result, that it is enough to power the Splitter. The Hdmi2AV is powered via HDMI.
    I have test both: an external small Powersupply to the splitter and parallel to the power of the RB. Same good result.
    From the electrical side: if you have a common ground, nothing bad things should be happen. The output level must be handle from each device himself. There is chance of interferences, if one of the used power supplies does not serve a good DC and more like an unknown curve or have frequencies on the line....

• I tried one, but seems that in 24p mode, the capture is wrong. It's like the image is displaced to left...so the right side it's black. Anyone?

1080p@60 it's working perfectly, but at 24 hz...see the pic.

i use this grabber since 2 or 3 years now and it works flawless (with the hd fury linker).. except i have the same issue with 24p..

did anybody solve it?

• Recently upgraded to a 4k TV and wanted to move my ambilight system over. found the 24p crop issue with my USB to HDMI grabber, any solutions to this issue that dont require an expensive grabber? are there 4k USB 3.0 Grabbers that we can use on a pi 4? not sure if they are compatible with linux / raspbian, but i see a lot of options for game streaming video capture that support 4k.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!