Installing Hyperion.ng

• if you install with `apt-get install <file-name-here>.deb` that should do it. It will assess your dependencies and if they need updating let you know.

Incase you're not aware, docker allows a specific virtual-environment to persist, in the case of compiling Hyperion.ng, they allow the developers to specify the exact dependencies and requirements needed to compile the code. Called containers, they are loaded into docker and the compilation is executed within the virtual container, once compiled, the artifacts (binaries etc..) are exctracted back out onto your host machine (rpi in your instance).

I'm using a mac, and didn't want to compile on my rpi as it can take a while, so for me - i used a lightweight virtualbox VM for Ubuntu 16.04 (one of the suggested compatible OS's for compilation), ssh'd into the virtual machine, installed docker-ce (command line version) using this guide:

https://www.digitalocean.com/c…se-docker-on-ubuntu-16-04

I then ran the cross-compile for rpi command from the compile instructions above. then once that was finished SFTP'd into my RPI (running raspbian stretch), copied ONLY the .deb, and installed using the apt-get command from above.

Hyperion is then installed as a service, it auto starts on boot, and you can restart/stop etc.. via service commands.
    Hopefully this helps, or if not helps someone else!

• Hey bnealon, Thanks for that.

I must admit I haven't read the latest .NG readme letter for letter yet. I breezzed over the docker instructions with the (wrong) assumption "thats the way to install .NG in a docker container",

I Should have read closer.

It's a build environment :facepalm:

• Hi @bnealon !

Thanks!
    I am thinking here, I guess I will format my RaspberryPi and startover again but now using docker.
    Thanks for sharing the explanation and also the link about docker

• Hello @bnealon!

So, I formated my raspberry pi and restarted all over. This time I installed Raspian and I will try to install and run Hyperion.NG on that.
    I installed Docker and executed the command below:

wget -qN https://raw.github.com/hyperio…scripts/docker-compile.sh && chmod +x *.sh && ./docker-compile.sh -t cross-qemu-rpistretch

After many minutes, I see now a folder hyperion on my home and a file called docker-compile.sh

Now, I didn't understand what to do... You said to run the cross-compile from the instructions from the link but I got lost..
    So, after I ran that wget command, what should I do?

Thanks in advance! :)

• With a docker installed, I ran the wget command (last post) and now it shows this:

---> Startup docker...
    Unable to find image 'hyperionorg/hyperion-ci:armv7h' locally
    docker: Error response from daemon: manifest for hyperionorg/hyperion-ci:armv7h not found.
    See 'docker run --help'.
    ---> Hyperion compilation failed! Abort

I also tried run manually docker hyperion and I get the same error, even if there is the image available...

• I had no problems running the build script.
    That said, it was in a Oracle VM VirtualBox running Ubuntu 18.04 with docker installed.
    This was all done from my windows box.
    It put all the needed install packages in the deploy folder.

• I had no problems running the build script.
    That said, it was in a Oracle VM VirtualBox running Ubuntu 18.04 with docker installed.
    This was all done from my windows box.
    It put all the needed install packages in the deploy folder.

Hi Akriss!
    I downloaded Virtualbox and installed Ubuntu last night, tonight I will try to compile Hyperion.ng and see what happens. Hope it will work!

• i really dont know why you guys struggelin that much with virtualboxes and dockers etc...download the code from githubm and compile it directly on the rpi... its so easy...

Hello @TPmodding!

That's what I did before, but after installing it does not create a Service to run automatically when boot. I tried to find a way to create or setup this service but no success. So now this time I will try to compile through VirtualBox and try to do what guys did.
    If not work, I will try again to compile directly (with OS reinstalled) and see what happen again..
    I wish it was easy..

• Hello!
    So.. I download Hyperion.ng on my raspberry and compiled it. When I run install_hyperion.sh I get this message:

*******************************************************************************
    This script will install/update Hyperion Ambient Light
    Created by brindosch - hyperion-project.org - the official Hyperion source.
    *******************************************************************************
    ---> Critical Error: CPU information does not match any known releases -> abort

I will do the virtualbox stuff and see what happens...

• I guess guys, I will give up, maybe for a while.. I installed docker on Ubuntu and when I run hyperion.ng on docker it says the version of cmake need to be 3.0.0 or higher, but it's already higher (3.10.2)

I guess Linux doesn't like me :crying:

• Hey bnealon,

I'm trying to follow your instructions as they seem to be pretty straightforward; however, I just wanted to confirm some information.

I am running a Ubuntu 16.04 VM and installed Docker CE per the link you sent.
    I want to run Hyperion NG on a RPi 1.
    Do I just run

Code
    wget -qN https://raw.github.com/hyperion-project/hyperion.ng/master/bin/scripts/docker-compile.sh && chmod +x *.sh && ./docker-compile.sh -t armv6hf

on the Ubuntu VM, which will create a /deploy directory?
    Then transfer whatever .deb file is in there to any directory in the Raspberry Pi running Stretch and execute it? Or does it have to go in a specific directory?

I feel like I'm missing something.

Thanks!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!