WS2812B White Balance Calibration Problem

• That's what I call an “Orange out”. It comes from voltage drops along the led strip. I had the exact same thing happen on my first attempt.

The remedy was to feed each continuous strip of led with its own wire from the power supply. Keep in mind that each led consumes around 60 milliamps for each led, So if your led on the tv total say 250. Your power supply should be at a minimum 15 amps. 20 amps would be a better choice for wiggle room.

Hope its of help.

• Running wires works well but it's a fair bit messy. Not something you want to get snagged on something and start a fire by grounding out.

My go-to solution these days is to cut the 5v line of the whole strip somewhere in the middle (don't solder a corner if running a full set, or cut the very middle of the top strip when running power from the gap at the bottom if you have one).

Then, no wires to run. Just put a capacitor on each half. You can run rather small ones, but I enjoy overkill so I put a 1000uF on each.

• cut the 5v line of the whole strip somewhere in the middle (don't solder a corner if running a full set, or cut the very middle of the top strip when running power from the gap at the bottom if you have one).

Then, no wires to run. Just put a capacitor on each half. You can run rather small ones, but I enjoy overkill so I put a 1000uF on each.

Hmmm, I think I'll rework my mess.

Thanks for the tip.:thumbup:

• I added one (1) capacitor to one strip of 165 leds on a setup I did. It works fine.

However I have another setup without a capacitor,it has run fine for 18+ months.

I tend to forget about the cap.

• I made a power distribution block (from a breadboard) that splits the power to each strip/side. The capacitor is fixed to the distribution block. The distribution block is centered on the back of the TV. One input and four outputs.

• I made a power distribution block (from a breadboard) that splits the power to each strip/side. The capacitor is fixed to the distribution block. The distribution block is centered on the back of the TV. One input and four outputs.

Interesting!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Is the capacitor 1000uF and 5v?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!