Are you using this to diffuse the light ?

• Very nice !! How far is your TV from the wall ?
    I can get nice diffused light without agressive spot when There are 6/7inch between wall and LEDs!

I prefer diffused light instead of spot which can cause headache !

And maybe can you tell me the before/after you added these leds support? Is there really a big difference ?

• The space from the wall is generally about 4-7 inch's. And depending which way I angle the tv, one side will be on the wall and the other side very far. In both situations the cover has it's benefits. On the side very close to wall it diffuses the light. On the side that is far from the wall you obviously lose most of the reflective light. But if your coming from the other room you see the angled tv back side. And I like the look of a light tube over uncovered smd leds.

On a side note, the aluminum track may help with the longevity of the leds (better heat dissipation) One tv I setup with Hyperion did not use aluminum track. And I've had to replace a handful of leds on that setup. With the track, only one led went bad and it's been in service longer.

Not a big difference between having and not having. Its more for aesthetics for me I suppose.

edit: For reference the video of the mini setup is pushed up close to the wall. The big tv is about 5 inchs away from wall.

• thanks for your feedback ! I didn't think about the heat dissipation, is this the main issue causing dead LED ?
    Probably in my next setup i will give a try but since i can move my screen, i think the result could be the same as with the aluminium track.

I don't see the led on the side, so there is no aesthetics reason for me

• is this the main issue causing dead LED ?

Other then bad manufacturing I would think so.
    I can't think of another reason a led in the middle of a strip to fail.

I should mention the strip with the most failures is a WS2812 strip and the other is a APA102 strip. It may be a factor as well.

• Other then bad manufacturing I would think so.
    I can't think of another reason a led in the middle of a strip to fail.

I should mention the strip with the most failures is a WS2812 strip and the other is a APA102 strip. It may be a factor as well.

i got the WS2813 one. I would like to buy the SK9822 but i'm fine with the WS2813. Just have to tweak the white balance because it was too bluish for me.

"leds" : "*",
    "pureRed" :
    {
    "redChannel" : 255,
    "greenChannel" : 0,
    "blueChannel" : 0
    },
    "pureGreen" :
    {
    "redChannel" : 0,
    "greenChannel" : 200,
    "blueChannel" : 0
    },
    "pureBlue" :
    {
    "redChannel" : 0,
    "greenChannel" : 0,
    "blueChannel" : 150
    }
    }
    ],
    "temperature" :
    [
    {
    "id" : "default",
    "leds" : "*",
    "correctionValues" :
    {
    "red" : 255,
    "green" : 255,
    "blue" : 200
    }

• have to tweak the white balance because it was too bluish for me.

Me to!
    I went nuts trying to even out the blue (ws2812b), but gave up and settled for the overall bluish'ness.

With the APA102 the calibration was painless. Out of the box nearly perfect.

• Me to!
    I went nuts trying to even out the blue (ws2812b), but gave up and settled for the overall bluish'ness.

With the APA102 the calibration was painless. Out of the box nearly perfect.

i prefer when white are little yellowish, because i think it's better for eye fatigue. On windows PC, i always put the night mode, same in my smartphone, it allows me to sleep easier.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!