Setup: Wooden wall

• Last year I created my DIY wooden wall TV-setup. It's created with recycled (scaffolding) wood.
    [MEDIA=imgur]jS0UYHh[/MEDIA]

Between the wooden plates and the wall there is some space. Which I used to install some led strips on the left, right and top (129 WS2812B leds). I put them on an aluminum upside down U-shaped frame. Btw; in the back of the picture you can spot my black RF-link antenna which controls the 433 Mhz communications within Domoticz.
    [MEDIA=imgur]9HiEPSI[/MEDIA]

The rest of all the space behind the panel is filled up with Arduino's, Raspberry PI, Philips Hue Bridge, TV-receiver and a lot of cables.

I run a RPi 2 with latest Raspbian release. Hyperion is installed and is connected via an Arduino to the ledstrip with WS2812B leds. Furthermore I use Kodi as my mediacenter (data supplied by local installed HD and wireless connected network storage). Domoticz is used for all kind of home automation.

All the low voltage stuff (RPi, Arduino, Ledstrip) is powered by a dedicated 5V 10A powersupply. Behind the power supply you can see my modem/router.
    [MEDIA=imgur]qpnKai3[/MEDIA]

The Raspberry Pi and Arduino (and some other stuff. like a small HD) are all screwed on a left-over piece of laminate flooring plate to keep it all together and easily accessible.
    [MEDIA=imgur]nH6HH6K[/MEDIA]

To give you an idea of the total setup; let's see some lasers!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCmkttbb4k8
    I still need to do some power optimisations (it is powered from one side which I can clearly see in white color output along the strip) and color calibrations.

At the moment I use Domoticz to control Hyperion. When I use Kodi to watch something on TV, it (always) automatically switches to Ambilight-mode. For the rest of the time it checks the status of my Philips Hue lighting. When lights in the living room are activated; it will turn on the led strip with just one single color.
    [MEDIA=imgur]ijw6ZTI[/MEDIA]

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thats amazing! Looks very good! Never seen such a wooden tv wall :) Looks realy great!

2 Suggestions: 1. change the degree from the leds more to the outside and not directly to the wall...you lose so much brightness! and second would increase your power supply to 15A and conncet from both sides :)

Btw i am very interessted in your home automisation, i know the standard things like enocean etc and my favorite is currently fibaro! (btw there is a fibaro hyperion app :P ) but never heard from Domoticz...looks nice with the integration of esp-modules...could you maybe give me some infos about that system..what you have, how to setup and integrate modules :) may in off-topic section :)

• 2 Suggestions: 1. change the degree from the leds more to the outside and not directly to the wall...you lose so much brightness! and second would increase your power supply to 15A and conncet from both sides :)

1. It will give more brightness, but for me it is OK right now. But it's a good tip if I want to improve this; thanks!
    2. Still have to make the second power connection (some back issues last weeks, so it will come later on).

Btw i am very interessted in your home automisation, i know the standard things like enocean etc and my favorite is currently fibaro! (btw there is a fibaro hyperion app :p ) but never heard from Domoticz...looks nice with the integration of esp-modules...could you maybe give me some infos about that system..what you have, how to setup and integrate modules :) may in off-topic section :)

I use Domoticz on my RPi, just because it's easy to use, free, open-source etc.
    It works very good in combination with my Philips Hue lighting. For the rest I use it to control some 433 MHz equipment .To get this working I have the RFlink connected; see http://www.nemcon.nl/blog2/ for more information.
    Another option is to use http://www.rfxcom.com/ which is about the same as RFLink.

But Domoticz can control much more different kinds of hardware. I don't have experience with other systems; but this is just easy to me.

• Just did a little update on my setup:
    Applied power to both ends of the LEDstrip and made the datawire/connection more solid.
    Colors are now equal on left and right side :)

To give you an idea how I put it all together:
    [MEDIA=imgur]X3dal7k[/MEDIA]

The RFlink (433Mhz communication device (Arduino + shield)) are connected to the blue USB-cable.

• Very impressive setup - since I like woodworking and a somewhat antique touch, I could fancy something similar for my living room actually.

Upside: Even though the boards cover a large space, the wall does by no means look overloaded.

Potential drawback: Any other hi-fi equipment will be difficult to store/hook up to (unless you have a cabling tube built into the wall like I do). Adding a cabinet would spoil the perfect picture.

Personally, I like a backlight that is a little closer to the actual movie image - but having seen these pictures, I may reconsider :)

Thanks for sharing,

Jerry

• Thanks Terry.

I just installed a Sony Soundbar on the wall; that was an easy one. But yes indeed, it is difficult to hook up any other hi-fi equipment.
    [MEDIA=imgur]9Dl48U9[/MEDIA]

Very smart to have a cabling tube; the area between the wood and the wall is a small mess in my case.

To have the backlight closer to the actual image would also be nice, but I am already used to this setup :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!