Android Screen Grabber

• Great work. Is it possible to activate it just for some apps? I want to exclude all DRM apps so that my video grabber can do all the work.

Thought about the same and opened a suggestion as issue here:
    https://github.com/abrenoch/hy…ndroid-grabber/issues/148

OK, got it:
    adb shell am start com.abrenoch.hyperiongrabber/com.abrenoch.hyperiongrabber.common.ToggleActivity

As I see this is only Toggle, is there also a direct turn off/on command?

I would like to automate the Hyperion Grabber with Tasker based on currently running apps and sunlight.

• Does this work on a rooted nvidia shield tv without lag when watching 4k content via Plex for instance?

My idea was to use for example tasker to detect when HDR content is played by looking at the output of logcat, which contains HDR info when playing HDR content. Would be cool if we could have this integrated into this app and automatically correct the picture brightness to have the right colors in hyperion.

Here they are discussing the logcat output: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/g…34925/hdr-on-lg-oled-b6v/

• This app works great on my nVidia Shield TV! I used to have a HDMI grabber, but the app works much simpler and avoids a lot of cable clutter. Avoiding the HDMI grabber's Digital-->Analog-->Digital conversion is also beneficial for noise levels. I've found Plex, Youtube and Spotify to work perfectly with 4K60 content. I only tested HDR in Plex, which works great too.

Netflix (menu and videos) on the Shield does not work, likely due to the DRM/DHCP problems mentioned before. I would like to explore this further, but my knowledge on this is limited. I did get my (rooted) Android phone to work perfectly with the grabber app and Netflix. The Netflix phone app shows it's using Widevine L3 and SD playback resolution.

• This app works great on my nVidia Shield TV! I used to have a HDMI grabber, but the app works much simpler and avoids a lot of cable clutter. Avoiding the HDMI grabber's Digital-->Analog-->Digital conversion is also beneficial for noise levels. I've found Plex, Youtube and Spotify to work perfectly with 4K60 content. I only tested HDR in Plex, which works great too.

Netflix (menu and videos) on the Shield does not work, likely due to the DRM/DHCP problems mentioned before. I would like to explore this further, but my knowledge on this is limited. I did get my (rooted) Android phone to work perfectly with the grabber app and Netflix. The Netflix phone app shows it's using Widevine L3 and SD playback resolution.

what steps did you do to get it working with DRM content on your rooted phone? The Shield can also be rooted. Apps can be sideloaded over ADB. I would like to test this because I would love to have less cables and a better picture quality for hyperion without noise/flickering, especially in dark scenes!

• I am also interested in this. I am currently using the Android Grabber to make Amiblight work on my PS4 Pro (with HDR) through Remote Play, as I described in this topic. Would love to use streaming services this way with 4k and HDR support. Currently Kodi and Hyperion does work with Netflix, but only on 1080p or lower... If this would somehow work on a (rooted) Shield, I'll probably buy one :)

HyperHDR & HASS on Raspberry Pi 4 | 4K 4:4:4 Grabber 60hz | Wemos D1 Mini - 221 LEDS (WLED UDP) | LG OLED55B6V | Denon AVR-X3700H | Nvidia Shield Pro | PlayStation 4 Pro

• what steps did you do to get it working with DRM content on your rooted phone? The Shield can also be rooted. Apps can be sideloaded over ADB. I would like to test this because I would love to have less cables and a better picture quality for hyperion without noise/flickering, especially in dark scenes!

Mine worked right away. You can use the app DRM Info (available both on Mobile and Android TV) to check Widevine security level. My phone and Shield report Widevine L1, however when I open Netflix on the phone it reports using L3 (Playback Specification tab). L1 is the most secure version that allows high-quality playback, L3 allows the screen grabber to work but only at lower resolutions.

I feel like this is a pretty hard limit concerning all digital grabbing methods. Perhaps it would be possible to 'duplicate' the Shield's output at different resolutions (and thus Widevine certifications)?

• Ah yeah so that's the same as how the Kodi addon can bypass it and allows Netflix streams up to 1080p.

HyperHDR & HASS on Raspberry Pi 4 | 4K 4:4:4 Grabber 60hz | Wemos D1 Mini - 221 LEDS (WLED UDP) | LG OLED55B6V | Denon AVR-X3700H | Nvidia Shield Pro | PlayStation 4 Pro

• I have an old OnePlus 3T and will also give it a go somewhere this week.

• I did manage to downgrade and found out the following:
    Netflix is not working on android 7
    Netflix is working on latest shield software, but android screen grabber isn't. This is a known issue of this software and there is no known workaround yet.

• I just came across this screen grabber. I used hyperion hdmi grabber setup with Shield + hdmi splitter + RCA grabber + RPi till now. Things work fine for 1080p.

But now thinking of trying it with new 4K TV. I understand that secured content will not work (Netflix), want to make 4k Youtube work.

So I downloaded the APK from playstore on shield, configured the parameters to connect to Hyperion server. And started the screen grabber.
    I don't see LED changing. Hyperion server screen grabber shows black screen. I changed grabber setting to internal grabber, anything else I need to change? Where can I find more details?

The phone app (remote control) works fine https://play.google.com/store/…=nl.hyperion.hyperionfree

Also, I want to help the developer what is the best way to do that. I will buy the $0.99 App but think it is too small value.

• Yea it doesn't work if you're on android 10. Not sure why but it seems to be a known issue according to the git

• Hi,
    I've installed the Windows version of Hyperion and have my LEDs through a ESP8266 working, also able to 'grab' the screen of my Windows pc (Platform Capture).

Now i'm trying to use my Android TV and phone (for testing) as in input but can't seem to get them in Hyperion.

For this, i've downloaded the Hyperion Grabber app, set up the correct IP of the server and used the same port for PROTO (19445), but i'm not seeing any of it in the dashboard/remote-control pages, they don't show up as source.

Am i missing something?

• see my previous reply

• Have been fiddling with different channels and priorities but can't get this to work. The only thing which is captured is the windows' server screen over Qt.
    Anyone with ideas on how to get the Android Hyperion Grabber app to work on the Android (9) Tv?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!