Hyperion.ng Yeelight Bridge

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi

the Yeelight S1 is treated as not discovered, as it has a different model identifier which is not considered in the current code.

I suggested a fix in the answer of the issue pho08 raised at GitLab.
    The fix will suport S1 and Stripe in addition.

https://gitlab.com/tobimiller/…eelight-bridge/-/issues/1

Happytesting!

• thanks so much for this @Lord-Grey

now the configurator script finds the lights.

after a lot of errors trying to get the service/bridge.py running, i think i finally managed it (it was apparently just a stupid mistake with ""s in the config file)

BUT alas the lights don't react at all

:edit (no#315413513)
    okay i think i am going insane with this... now all of a sudden after rebooting/restarting everything ONE of the the three lights actually turned on and seems to be getting signals!! it changes luminance and colors while playing a file in kodi!
    But the colors are all wrong (basically just white and green) and the other two lamps i have configured still don't react at all :( -- but it's something!

:edit
    restarting again ANOTHER lamp turns on than before (left front, before it was right front --still only one though) and still just white and green (even though there is no green in the picture on TV)

outdated errors solved(?)

• Offizieller Beitrag

„restarting again ANOTHER lamp turns on than before“
    Have you had a look into the bridge‘s Config file? If I remember correctly, the Config script created duplicate namings.

• Offizieller Beitrag

For testing you may just go into Directory
    itself cd /home/pi/hyperion-yeelight-bridge/

and execute directly until it works

python3 bridge.py

There you should also find the Config File

• thanks for the reply! yes that's how i am testing it

during the testing i noticed that the only lamp which was actually reacting to the signals sent from hyperion.ng was displayed as "offline" in yeelight app.

anyway, so i edited the config.json and changed the names of the lamps (even though there were no duplicates) and restarted bridge.py. But now nothing happens anymore. rebooting the system didnt help

so i restored the original config.json (with the original names) , rebooted, but nothing, made sure that the yeelight-bridge service was running but the lamp doesn't react to hyperion anymore...
    i tried running the configurator.py again but it returns

Code
    pi@raspberrypi:~/hyperion-yeelight-bridge $ python3 configurator.py
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "configurator.py", line 6, in <module>
        import yeelight
    ImportError: No module named 'yeelight'

what the hell?

what's worse it is still offline in yeelight app. So i hardware-resetted the lamp but now i can't even find it in the yee app anymore X(

• okay so apparently there is a bug in the newest firmware of the yeelights 1s. If you update and at some point in the future your yeelight app loses connection it is a pain in the ass to get it reconnected (connection attempt timed out). after trying countless times last night to reconnect i gave up. this morning all of a sudden it reconnected as if nothing had ever happened.

anyway i finally managed to get the bridge running and correctly adress a bulb. Colors change according to Kodi playback....

BUT i can always only get ONE of the bulbs to work. The configurator.py sometimes finds 1 or 2 bulbs (never all 3) but even if i set up these 2 correctly, at the end only one bulb will actually light up/respond to the UDP signals.

is there a way to manually add/register more bulbs with their actual IP adress? I am not talking about the config.json in the program dir (this one only has their nicknames). But the file where there physical adress is stored? Couldn't find that.

Cheers

• new version online.

please check it out.

pi@raspberrypi:~/hyperion-yeelight-bridge $ python3 configurator.py Traceback (most recent call last): File "configurator.py", line 6, in <module> import yeelight ImportError: No module named 'yeelight'

this looks like you have not installed the dependencies ;)

• Woah thanks. Dont mind my whining/babbling above, all errors seem to be fixed and i already got it working :)

One thing though: blacks are somehow screwed. Meaning the lamps wont dim/turn off on black scenes but randomly show blue/red (probably the color that comes closest) in full saturation ....and in pitch black scenes the lamps go full white . But maybe thats only happening with the 1s bulb?

• Woah thanks. Dont mind my whining/babbling above, all errors seem to be fixed and i already got it working :)

One thing though: blacks are somehow screwed. Meaning the lamps wont dim/turn off on black scenes but randomly show blue/red (probably the color that comes closest) in full saturation ....and in pitch black scenes the lamps go full white . But maybe thats only happening with the 1s bulb?

that’s exactly the behavior I had with the newer hardware version I have. What I have read in the yeelight forum is that the new version getting worse in color accuracy with low brightness. So I will stay with my first gen yeelights. Maybe we should scale the brightness for newer yeelights.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!