RPi4, PhilipsHue, Grabber, 901, Internal error 404

• Good evening hyperion-project-community,

first of all I want to say thank you. I love your work and have so much fun trying my setup with your software.

I have some issues with my hue lights when i was trying to configurate more than one bulb.

Here is my setup:

Raspberry Pi 4 B with Raspbian Buster with desktop
    Hyperion NG 2.0.0-alpha.4

Installed with step by step introduction from https://github.com/hyperion-pr…ob/master/CompileHowto.md

Converter
    https://www.amazon.de/gp/produ…tle_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Splitter
    https://www.amazon.de/gp/produ…tle_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Grabber
    https://www.amazon.de/gp/produ…n_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My Json Backup:

Here is what i've tried:

• Only tried with effects and two lights - worked fine
    • Tried with Platrform Capture - worked fine
    • Resetet my hue bridge - nothing changed
    • Tried with one light and the grabber - worked fine
    • Changed Refresh time in LED Hardware - nothing changed
    • Tried a second instance for each bulb one - the lights have no matching colors and also switch off
    • Tried on Amazon Fire TV Stick 4k - nothing changed
    • Read https://github.com/hyperion-project/hyperion.ng/pull/712 - was glad about the easy way to add user and lights form hue bridge :thumbup:

When i play a Ambilight test video with grabber from my PC i get following errors and the LED Hardware turned off.

Code
    [hyperiond LEDDEVICE] <DEBUG> <LedDevicePhilipsHue.cpp:494:handleReply()> Error Type        : 901
    [hyperiond LEDDEVICE] <DEBUG> <LedDevicePhilipsHue.cpp:495:handleReply()> Error Address     : /lights/8/state/xy
    [hyperiond LEDDEVICE] <DEBUG> <LedDevicePhilipsHue.cpp:496:handleReply()> Error Description : Internal error, 404
    [hyperiond LEDDEVICE] <ERROR> Device disabled, device 'philipshue' signals error: '(901) Internal error, 404, Resource:/lights/8/state/xy'

I think there are to many requests to the bridge and i can't reduce them.

I have long considered whether I am asking here. Excuse the circumstances and many thanks in advance.

Cheers
    David

You are doing a really great job. Thanks!!!!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi

according to Philip's Hue documentation this is an internal error in the bridge:
    "901 Internal error, <error code> This will be returned if there is an internal error in the processing of the command. This indicates an error in the bridge, not in the message being sent."

Following questions:

• Does the error occur always, selectively?

• Are you on the latest firmware of the bridge?
    • Would you mind sharing a full log in Debug mode?
    • Would you be able to compile hyperion.ng yourself with modified code?
  • Hi Lord-Grey :)

the master himself ;)... thank you for your fast reply.

Does the error occur always, selectively?

The error occur when there is a lot of colorchange on grabberscreen. When there is a unicolor picture there is no error. When i am going to start a testvideo the error occur.

Are you on the latest firmware of the bridge?

Yes, i have yesterday updated to 1938052050.

Would you mind sharing a full log in Debug mode?

Would you be able to compile hyperion.ng yourself with modified code?

I haven't done that yet, but i guess i have to change the customised files in the build folder and run the compile and install commands again. Am i right?

Again: Thank you!!!!

• according to Philip's Hue documentation this is an internal error in the bridge:
    "901 Internal error, <error code> This will be returned if there is an internal error in the processing of the command. This indicates an error in the bridge, not in the message being sent."

I think the packages are correct. I guess it is the number of packages that caused the error.

When i watch the log, the errors only appear when i get a lot of traffic on the line. Namely when the test video starts. Then the packets rush through until the led device gets out.
    This can of course also be due to a broken bridge. Do you think i should buy a new one?

Is there a way for me to reduce the number of packages? With the usb grabber I found no way to set up the frequency, as its with the platform capture possible. Or in the led device section the limitation to a certain number of packages per second. The lamps do not manage to process all the requests anyway, so I probably get a smooth color change with half the information send.

Sorry for my bad english. I hope you understand what i am trying to say.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hey

the number of packages should not be the problem. The lights will only be updated every 200ms which means 5 times/second (5Hz).

Code
    [hyperiond LEDDEVICE] <DEBUG> <LedDevice.cpp:237:setLatchTime()> LatchTime updated to 200ms

Per API definition 10Hz should be ok, but maybe we are hitting here an edge case given that we issue two commands every 200ms.
    I do not have a Hue myself, but it also may be that depending on the quality of the bridge/light connection those updates go not through in the expected SLA and therefore the error occurs.
    Changing the latch-time would currently mean a code change (every light configured gets 100ms to stay at max10Hz).

To cut a long story short. Philips is now offering a new API (Entertainment API) which overcomes the 10 Hz limitation.
    As per your log-file, your Bridge is supporting the API.

@SJunkies has already a PR592 in development, which seems to be quite mature already.
    I would recommend you wait until the PR is integrated in the master repository or give it a try to compile SJunkie's version yourself.

It is worth trying before buying a new bridge.... :)

• hello, could you make it work?

Hello @fdavidgespinosa,

i installed 2.0.0-alpha.3 that works with the hue LEDDEVICE. But it dont startup at first time. I have to start the LEDDEVICE in the remotesection multiple times and than it works for hours.

I found the part in the code to change the latch-time, but it didnt work with 2000ms for 2 lights.
    Since yesterday im trying the Source of @SJunkieshttps://github.com/SJunkies/hyperion.ng.git

I'm going to update this threat when i got a perfect working hue ambilight ;)

• I'm running into this issue as well (alpha 5 April 23). It seems to be information overload to the bridge when using screen capture. The more Hue lights active, and the more motion on screen, the quicker it stops LEDDEVICE. Using static colors, effects, or slow moving images doesn't stop LEDDEVICE. Reducing down to 1 hue light also prevents LEDDEVICE from stopping.

I'm assuming the Entertainment API will solve this issue since one command can trigger multiple hues so there isn't as much traffic on the bridge.
    I'd be interested to hear your results @Lykane

• Hello everyone,

i tried Hyperion NG 2.0.0-alpha.6 today and i am useing the hue entertainment api.

Everything works perfekt. With up to 8 Bulbs there is no issue!

Thank you very much!!!!!

Ambilight enjoying regards
    David

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!