HD Fury 4K Diva or Vertex2?

• Hello all,
    I've built my first Hyperion setup and am now looking to get it working with 4K DHR. I've done quite a bit of research and I think I understand the limitations of the system. What I 'v have seen as a solution is to add the HD Fury 4K Diva in the mix so you can have it downscale and convert HDR streams to SDR for the capture device. It seems the limitation is due to it only outputting to the lowest signal quality. I was going to pick up a Diva today but then I came across the Vertex2 for $150 cheaper.

Has anyone used this instead of the Diva? It looks like it does the same things but without the LED drivers.

https://www.hdfury.com/product/4k-diva-18gbps/

https://www.hdfury.com/product/4k-vertex2-18gbps/

• I don't think that the second generation of Vertex can do the HDR > SDR conversion. It's main purpose seems to be to split HDMI and to extract audio.
    You can go with Diva or Vertex/Integral 2 + X4 to achieve what you want. Diva is, of course, newer and only one device (so you might save 2-5 frames delay) but you could try to get a Vertex or Integral 2 (Vertex just has an on screen display which the Integral 2 doesn't has) plus the X4 off of ebay to save some bucks

• I don't think that the second generation of Vertex can do the HDR > SDR conversion. It's main purpose seems to be to split HDMI and to extract audio.
    You can go with Diva or Vertex/Integral 2 + X4 to achieve what you want. Diva is, of course, newer and only one device (so you might save 2-5 frames delay) but you could try to get a Vertex or Integral 2 (Vertex just has an on screen display which the Integral 2 doesn't has) plus the X4 off of ebay to save some bucks

After closer inspection, I do see that the Vertex2 doesn't convert HDR to SDR. That's too bad. Diva it is. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!