Hyperion NG Alpha6 Screen Flicker on PWM and white flahing LEDS in SPI mode

• Hi All,

I have an Issue with Hyperion NG Alpha6 which was not present in Alpha5.

I am using WS2812B LEDs

Only when Hyperion is active, screen flickers and blacks out when playing a video.

When I switch to SPI the flicker is less but the LED's flash white non stop.

Update: I overclocked the PI4 and the Screen flicker seemed to be less with PWM so far, will update if it comes back.

Update2: screen flicker still persists after overclock but its less frequent. Every 30 seconds or so.

The LEDS flashing white on SPI mode is still existing.

Any ideas why this could be?

• Try to switch Kodi resolution (the GUI) to 1080 30hz instead of 1080 60hz in kodi settings.
    At least it worked for me, even though I can't find a direct relation to kodi GUI resolution and Hyperion...

• Try to switch Kodi resolution (the GUI) to 1080 30hz instead of 1080 60hz in kodi settings.
    At least it worked for me, even though I can't find a direct relation to kodi GUI resolution and Hyperion...

Thanks for the suggestion, changing refresh rate to 30Hz fixed the problem of screen flickering!

TPmodding, I'll explore the github to see if I can fix Leds flashing on SPI mode.

• I will not open a new thread but it looks like that I have near the same problem with Alpha 8.

I have a very strong flickering of my APA102 LED's in the boot sequence and some when something came from an external source. Also on some colors the flickering will be so much, that I need to shut down my ambilight.

Under the old hyperion system I never noticed that strong flickering. So it's not a problem of my hardware.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!