Help a beginner buy the right equipment...please!

• Hi, all. I'm new here. Name is Bianca.
    Ultimately I'm trying to get the ambilight setup on my living room TV. I'm not the most tech savvy person out there, but I'm willing to learn. I've watched a bunch of YouTube tutorials and reviews as well as read a handful of tutorials and posts on several different forums. I've gathered a few notes, but I want to make sure I'm buying the correct components before I even start taking on this daunting (but exciting) project.

So, first - what I have: I have a Sony OLED TV (A9G) capable of Dolby Vision. It's 77 in if that makes any difference. Video sources are an AppleTV 4K and an Xbox One X. Furthermore, I have the Bose Soundbar 500 w/ 2 wireless speakers and a subwoofer compatible with Dolby Atmos.

From what I've gathered, I will need to send the signal from the AppleTV/XBox to a HDFury in order to split the signal and downscale it. From the HDFury, I will be able to send a 4K HDR/DV signal to the Sony TV as well as a downscaled, 1080p signal to an HDMI2AV converter. The HDMI2AV converter will then send the signal, via composite cable, to a USB Video Grabber which will be attached to a Rasperry Pi w/ Hyperion.

So I have a few questions.
    1. Does the above setup sound correct?
    2. Which HDFury do I need? Diva/Integral 2/Vertex?
    3. Currently, we have the soundbar connected to the TV via HDMI. Will this need to change?
    4. Does it matter which Raspberry Pi I get?
    5. It it necessary to use a HDMI2AV converter and composite cables? Can I just use an HDMI video grabber?
    6. Does the HDFury also act as a switch or will I need to add an HDMI switch in front of it in order to be able to toggle back and forth between the AppleTV and Xbox?

Ultimately, I want the ambilight experience without having to sacrifice the Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision experiences as well.

• I recently just updated my old setup that was running on a pi2 and leveraged an HDFury Linker. The linker gave me a ton of trouble to get working. New setup is with a pi4 and set using the new HyperBian, was back up and running very quickly and super easy.

1) Setup sounds correct to me. (caveat around HDFury
    2)This can be accomplished with this one by EZCOOTECH. I just switched mine to this without issue. https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod…tle_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ($41 vs $200 or whatever)
    3) Should not effect the soundbar unless your soundbar was the input before in which you can just split that line with the above product.
    4)Doesn't really matter too much, but newer ones will be more performant so i would suggest a 3 or newer.
    5)It is more processor intensive on pis to run the hdmi input. There may be people out there doing it, but my understanding is it doesnt work well.
    6)Can't really speak to the fury but you would most likely need to have a hdmi switch in front of it.

Not sure what standards are needed for Dolby Atmos and Vison to work, i do know however that the splitter i used above can handle HDR. You may need an Dolby Atmos and vision capable receiver that can have to hdmi outputs at different standards. I know in my case my stereo receiver requires both outputs to be the same but it works for me because i have the splitter and downscaler and am not doing Dolby stuff. Stereo receiver also works in place as my device switch. Everything is plugged into it and one output out gets split to the tv and pi.

• Just to confirm, is that splitter converting the HDR signal to SDR for the LED video feed? If not, are you sure your TV is actually receiving the signal as HDR? I thought sending an HDR signal through Hyperion resulted in washed out LED colors, and the only HDR-strippers I’m aware of come from HDFury.

• Just to confirm, is that splitter converting the HDR signal to SDR for the LED video feed? If not, are you sure your TV is actually receiving the signal as HDR? I thought sending an HDR signal through Hyperion resulted in washed out LED colors, and the only HDR-strippers I’m aware of come from HDFury.

Im fairly certain its getting the HDR signal and colors are washed out a little, but since its just an accent lighting behind the tv, its close enough for me.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!