level shifter aternatives

• Just wanted to mention here that as an alternative to the level shifters sold under that name on banggood and aliexpress, you can apply TTL ic's like below. I have tested these on my setup Rpi 3B+ on HyperBian alpha7 with WS2815. The advantage of these buffers over the level shifters is speed and they have built in logic to keep the signal clean.

- Quad buffer SN74AHCT125N
    The Rpi output is connected to the input, the Output Enable connected tp GND. The output is connected to the LED strip data line.

- Quad AND gate SN74HCT08
    The rpi output is connected to one of the AND gate inputs, the other input is connected to VCC (5V), the output is connected to the LED strip data line.

I also use 1k resistors on all input and output lines as a precaution to spikes and shorts.

• I'm very sorry then.. Just wanted to ask how to connect ws2815 and what to set the HyperBian alpha7 settings. I also have ws2815, but HyperBian does not have it on the SPI bus. In any case, thank you!

No worries, just wasn't clear what your question was.
    Hyperion settings for WS2815 is the same as WS2812.

• No worries, just wasn't clear what your question was.
    Hyperion settings for WS2815 is the same as WS2812.

Yes, thank you very much, I found on the Internet that I have to connect the B tire to the GND, then the tape will work as 2812.:thumbup:
    thank you very much;)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!