How to update Hyperbian with the latest Hyperion.NG

• I second this request. I installed Hyperbian aplha 7, and am getting notifications on the home page that a newer version is available, but I cant work out how to do this. I can only assume an Alpha8 version of Hyperbian has not yet been complied. Is it better i use Raspbian and install hyperbian.ng that way?
    Edit - using Pi 3 B+

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hey, unfortunately we don't have a update-system implemented for now, so it needs the manuall process to install via ssh

do you need help for this?

• As Hyperion.NG in the Hyperbian system is not installed as a package (extracted archive exactly, I think it's rather inconvenience, I've changed it anyway and can provide pull request if necessary) the simplest way is to backup the configuration (/home/pi/.hyperion folder I think) and install new release of Hyberbian on the SD card. Removing previous version by a hand is rather difficult task.

• EDIT: Don't do it this way. My web GUI is unavailable every time that I removed power.

Well I tried the above - it appeared to update, but my config was apparently wiped out (acts like a fresh install - even the Web GUI password is reset). I tried importing the settings in the web gui afterward, and that borked the whole thing - couldn't connect to the GUI. I ran the dpkg command again and it came back online. I will just redo my config from scratch (it wasn't very complex).

• DON'T DO IT MY WAY!!! Web GUI goes offline every time I shut down and I can't get it back. I am planning to reimage with HyperBian at this point.

i (partially) retract my last statement. I think the settings DID carry over - I went in and just saved them again and the lights started working again. But the import of settings from alpha 8 did bork things up!

• I am running HyperBian on a rPi4 and got the upgrade (alpha.8 to alpha.9) figured out today.. the process was not smooth and required lots of trial and error.

Hopefully this info can help others.

note: I am using a Raspberry PI 4 which needs armv7l. Other devices may use other files... adjust commands accordingly.

reason for edit: fix typo

• 1. open web GUI and backup current settings to .json file

its better to make screenshots with your camera from the localIP:8090 and put the settings back with a new build of Hyperion.
    Why? because Hyperion builds can differ and settings that where in the old aren't in the new or viseversa.

example is the smoothing section that causes ( or caused) a lot of problems when activated in 2.08

• DON'T DO IT MY WAY!!! Web GUI goes offline every time I shut down and I can't get it back. I am planning to reimage with HyperBian at this point.

i (partially) retract my last statement. I think the settings DID carry over - I went in and just saved them again and the lights started working again. But the import of settings from alpha 8 did bork things up!

thats the thing i was talking about ;)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!