RGB settings for more accurate colors?

• Another "stupid" question from the newb. lol

EDIT: I've been getting color issues that I've been trying to troubleshoot since installing. I am now thinking I need to adjust the RGB color settings. I have adjusted them a little already, and it helped, but some colors are still off.
    Are there any tricks to fine tuning the colors to match tv? Kinda like calibration tools for tv's themselves? Any test pattern type stuff? Thanks guys.

SK9822 leds, RasPi 3b+, 4k capture card, hyperion.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von vig1116 ()

• so, I've been playing with the rgb settings a little and I think I have it much better than initial settings. The colors match much better (except white looks light purple or light blue, but I'm reading this is normal for led strips?). Here's a screenshot of what I've come up with. If anyone has further advice or help, it's all welcomed!!!

https://ibb.co/NjZb42d

• i have set it like this

play with Gamma settings>.

RGB colours i didn't alternate only this. Without Gamma alternated like this my setup on APA102 gives pale and washout colours.
    with this setting the APA102 gives strong and powerfull colours.

For WS2801 ( which i tested with) its normal that white colours is being blueish. . it has to do with how they interpret the "whites"

• Thank you!! I will try this out. I played with the RGB settings and it's 90% better, but not perfect. I will save my settings and try this instead!! thanks again!!

• Hey jeroen, I meant to ask. How do you like the APA102 compared to ws2801? I currently have the ws2812 and ordered APA102 that will be here in a few weeks. I thought the APA102 would be a much better strip now that I'm all set up.

• Hey jeroen, I meant to ask. How do you like the APA102 compared to ws2801? I currently have the ws2812 and ordered APA102 that will be here in a few weeks. I thought the APA102 would be a much better strip now that I'm all set up.

with these settings APA102 is really nice, better colours in especially whites/Lblue/pinks then the WS2801

I run Debian Buster full with Hyperion.NG 1 béta, that runs a little diffrent than the versions you have now.

• sweet. I look forward to seeing. I combined some of your settings and some of my settings and I think its pretty darn good now!!!! I'll try to get a video tonight as well

• I made a couple last night, but something was off. my colors were dull. I think it was due to my splitter, so I reset it. I'll try again tonight.

• I made a couple last night, but something was off. my colors were dull. I think it was due to my splitter, so I reset it. I'll try again tonight.

then you have an idea :)

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• yours looks awesome!! I like how your leds look almost like the picture quality. (better than my "blurry" edges. What resolution do you have your leds set to in Hyperion? I have mine set to 720x480. Anything higher and the motion was slightly off. My videos below aren't the best. it looks a lot better in person, but I am having instances where I need to reboot my RasPi and splitter or else the colors are monotone mostly.

Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

SK9822 leds, RasPi 3b+, 4k capture card, hyperion.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von vig1116 ()

• Hi,
    I have to finetune my APA 102 as well. Partly because of my golden wall.
    The Hyperion App at my mobile let me play around with the effekts but not with RGB,GAMA ect.
    How do you make the calibration. I missed as well the funktionality of the old Hypercon.jar at the webinterface,
    where I can see live changes of the values. Thx !

• Hi,
    The Hyperion App at my mobile let me play around with the effekts but not with RGB,GAMA ect.
    How do you make the calibration. I missed as well the funktionality of the old Hypercon.jar at the webinterface,

I use a computer web browser, so im not familiar with any mobile app, but I find them in: configuration- image processing

• yours looks awesome!! I like how your leds look almost like the picture quality. (better than my "blurry" edges. What resolution do you have your leds set to in Hyperion? I have mine set to 720x480. Anything higher and the motion was slightly off. My videos below aren't the best. it looks a lot better in person, but I am having instances where I need to reboot my RasPi and splitter or else the colors are monotone mostly.

I don't have that setting because i run hyperion.NG Béta 1.00 > its automatic/ you can't set but my converter streams a 1080p video to the grabber for the highest quality but grabber itself is capable of maximum of 720p I think that, the higher the input grabber quality is the most beautiful the colours will be on the LEDs. :)
    Maybe I will get an other one ready for 4k but I will see haha

if motion is a little off, check settings

decimation
    resolution
    PAL setting
    raise the arm setting on the raspi, this setting will increase CPU clock speed (overclock )
    make sure that in your USB caption you have NO black borders, every black line that you haven't cropped there will result in pale colours or no colour at all

and thanks , i did my best :)

• Hi,

what Vig said;

go to localIP:8090 >> thats ip adres of your raspi with port 8090

in this webUI you can do all the settings in Hyperion.NG

• I know the web interface. I made all the setups there. But I did not find a live view. If I change somethin in Image processing/Color channel adjustments, I have to save it all the time. there is no realtime view. That is what I miss

• I know the web interface. I made all the setups there. But I did not find a live view. If I change somethin in Image processing/Color channel adjustments, I have to save it all the time. there is no realtime view. That is what I miss

haha its there guy, in right upper corner of webUI there's a square> press it to go to LED visualisation.
    you see the Hyperion logo on the left, but then right corner.

most of changes that you make in settings are vissible in led visualisation, this only displays the image Hyperion receives from the grabber and maybe extra settings in configuration that you made

goodluck man.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!