Removing LED chip from strip?

• I’m trying to get a nice fold in the corners of my LED strip to avoid having to use corner connectors or soldering them but I can’t fold it without covering an LED chip. My question is, if I remove the chip in question (say it’s LED#10) would that make the next LED in line #10? Or would the Pi still see it as #11?

also, I’m using SK9822 LEDs, if I remove an LED chip, do I need to to solder the data in/out connections together? Or are they already connected within the strip itself?

Thanks! Can’t a seem to find the info on the internet anywhere yet.

• Well if you cant fold it without covering 1 led on each corner, would it really matter if 1 on each corner is there and working but not visible? id say no, quite sure the other leds close to it will compensate it enough.

If your contemplating removing the chip in question then you would need to solder or use some sort of connector to join it to the previous LED anyway so you'd be as well just soldering them in the first place.

I really do think both would result in the same overall result as if you fold and cover the corner LED it will be there but not visible but if you cut and solder at the corners, the space required at the corner to make the connections, once completed you would probably have the same amount or less by the time your finished.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!