Basic USB grabber setup hyperion.ng 1.00 Béta 4k/1080p ready apa102 on raspi3b

• yes i have, when watching 4K content then colours is washed out/ not accurate.

we know what that is ofcourse, Hyperion.NG can not handle HDR info > something i have to get into later on.
    Maybe i try the fork of Awawa Hyper HDR on my second PI but for now i am okay with it > my original installation is going to stay
    i am not going to butcher that.

Maybe i look into filtering it out with splitters and such, 2 splitters in series someone here had was filtering out the HDR to Hyperion.NG
    we see.

Ok i'm asking why you don't used the HyperHDR version of our friend Awawa. My setup is Raspberry Pi 4 + Ezcoo HDMI Splitter ( The big one with optical OUT ) and Videograbber HDMI Rullz Coffee.
    And it's ok on my side.

• i know this, only ledlayout is one and the same.
    so every ledstrip has the same count > at least startup led is the same, the end can differ in lenght

i used this for christmass lightning, one long strip and a star in parallel connected.

I don't used parallel connection, i can drive every ledstrip independenty because i used 4 instances and 4 LED protocol.

For SPI i used spidev0.0 and spide1.0. and for the other PWM ledstrip i use ws281x for each one.

But yes, if someone want to put a ledstrip in parallel for the bottom side, it's easiest to do like that.

• For SPI i used spidev0.0 and spide1.0. and for the other PWM ledstrip i use ws281x for each one.

Very pratical if you want to do put MutltiZone LEDstrip under the TV.

:picture: now i see why you did this, you know that you also can invert the ledstrip and stick it under your TV and connect in parallel with same type of ledstrip. ( switch around datadirection) on ws2812b
    one instance needed then, its just a thought :thumbup:

But yes, if someone want to put a ledstrip in parallel for the bottom side, it's easiest to do like that.

thats not why i used it like that, i wanted to have the same pattern in horizontal and parallel in my christmass star. The ledstrip was ws2801 on SPI0 on 1 instance

• what is the point of having 4 instances running at the same time on diffrent type of ledstrips, you are just using a diffrent hardware of the Raspi on each GPIO
    thats nice but what is the point>> to test out the capabillity of the Raspi and Hyperion.NG then i see no other usefull purpose to do that . :picture:

Just to see if we can do it. I like try new things so why not and I hate do something like others :D

I know that I can do it if one day I want to drive many Ambilight ledstrip on the same PI. Nevermind...

Take a look on my blog, especially on the last tutorial in 4 parts ( already 3 parts are wrote, not 100% finished yet but I’m working on it ) maybe you will see helpfull information ).

And yes I know that I can put ledstrip in parallel but it’s not the point of my test, too easy.

Btw, choose ws2812b is not a good idea, ws2813, sk6812 rgb or even RGBW are much better.

see you my friend :)

• Btw, choose ws2812b is not a good idea, ws2813, sk6812 rgb or even RGBW are much better.

i keep my APA102's , and i was never really impressed with others showing their ws2812b setups.
    see my video, much better than this its not going to be with every other ledstrip there is.

so my motto is still, when its not broken and working well why trying to fix.
    goodluck with your blog.

• i keep my APA102's , and i was never really impressed with others showing their ws2812b setups.
    see my video, much better than this its not going to be with every other ledstrip there is.

so my motto is still, when its not broken and working well why trying to fix.
    goodluck with your blog.

I saw it, very good setup and Colors calibration ;)

• so here the longwaited inside story of the relaisbox,

• dinrail 6 ports fuseholder
    • 4 channel relaisboard (1)
    • 4 channel relaisboard (2)
    • voltage/ampére meter digital in front
    • Basetech grabber device> build in but green led is front visible
    • HDMI>AV converter
    • raspberry PI black ( runs Hyperion.NG)
    • raspberry PI white ( runs whatever i want, for now its a Retropie)
    • ATX 35Amps 5 volts (12 volts and more) PSU
    • Fan 120mm runs on 5 volts> noisereduction and cooling :D

relaisboard toggle
    channel
    1 Mains power ON ATX PSU
    2 Grabber USB port reset ( if nessecary)
    3 RaspberryPI black power ON
    4 RaspberryPI white power ON
    5 LEDstrip main power +5volts
    6 Cabinet of trofees, lights up on 12volts
    7 Shutdownscript on GPIO3 ( on relais)
    8 TVip module power ON/reset

everything is fused, i can run also separately all kinds off devices connected to the relaisboards :thumbup:

• @jeroen warmerdam You don't have Washed colours when you send HDR ?

not anymore since my last post, :P

i managed to switch my TVIP box from LinuxQT to run on Android version 8

here you can alter a setting into droid, HDR > SDR ON and SDR > HDR OFF

now i can watch 4K content because the HDR droid is filtering out, works very well.

i don't care about that HDR anyway, i only bought the 4K tv because of funds and covid time ( to spend on myself a little) ;)

• Hi, could you please tell us what exactly is the usb grabber you are using / where to buy it? There are a lot of clones of these analog grabbers with different chips inside. I bought one bastech but with macrosilicon chip - that does not work on linux.

• Hi, could you please tell us what exactly is the usb grabber you are using / where to buy it? There are a lot of clones of these analog grabbers with different chips inside. I bought one bastech but with macrosilicon chip - that does not work on linux.

if i do dmesg in terminal, output is this

4.532865] usb 1-1.1.2: New USB device found, idVendor=534d, idProduct=0021, bcdDevice= 1.21

[ 4.532884] usb 1-1.1.2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3

[ 4.532894] usb 1-1.1.2: Product: AV TO USB2.0

[ 4.532905] usb 1-1.1.2: Manufacturer: MACROSILICON

[ 4.532914] usb 1-1.1.2: SerialNumber: 20150130

[ 4.551792] hid-generic 0003:534D:0021.0001: hiddev96,hidraw0: USB HID v1.10 Device [MACROSILICON AV TO USB2.0] on usb-3f980000.usb-1.1.2/input4

so Basetech capturing device with Macrosilicon video chip works on my system Raspbian buster full ( LINUX)

id capturing device >> 534d0021

https://www.conrad.nl/p/basete…oftware-plug-play-2228152

• Thanks, I can confirm that. The problem was not in the grabber itself. Initially I was confused because I was looking for utv007 chip grabber and found a description in your youtube video as "basetech (utv007 chip)".

I have searched in the amazon for suitable analog grabber where according to the comments the internal chip is changing even in devices of one brand (supplier) and not all chips works with hyperion. I can confirm that my unit of bastech has also macrosilicon chip which works with hyperion without issues.

I have tried to calibrate the colours but its not that perfect - are you going to make some description how to do it properly? Your calibartion seems from the video really good!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!