ARKMicro EasyCAP Support?

• EDIT: Arkmicro EasyCAP didnt work for us, just ordered a USBTV007 chipset Easycap.

hello all, firstly id like to wish a happy new year!

I am aware that i already have another thread opened, didnt want to open up another one but that thread was mostly focused on multiple subjects from non-rpi boards to spi driving ws2812b to arduino sketch support. Moderators please move the board to Software support if it fits the situation more

i have recently hit a bump with hyperion systemctl service.

My setup is an RPI-3 with a easycap device, trying to use hyperion v4l2-grabber.

I had ordered an advertized 'UTV007'; but instead got shipped an ARKmicro grabber (18ec:5555)
    I also had another one of these arkmicro grabbers already (dev-id: 5850 instead) and i was hoping to try either one or the other that i got, but they both gave the same errors in the Hyperion SystemCTL Service

Hyperion Service just crashes for 5 times in a row until linux gives up and continues with boot.

journalctl gives an inappropriate ioctl for device

dmesg gives an uvc non-compliant device

at first i thought that the card was not supported in linux; but i get a '/dev/video0/' when i plug in easycap device.
    So i decided to try and use mplayer
    mplayer does give an image, but has various glitches and incorrect colour, figured out at least the colour must be from an incorrect hue setting , but mplayer does not let me tune this

Refer Attached Image : multiple cscrot crops of mplayer with mentioned glitches and incorrect colours

changing resolutions/framerates didnt work with the glitches

then i read luvcview has a better success rate with these cards; still same glitches but at least colour is fixed and can be corrected with luvcview.cfg (didnt try to change resolutions from luvcview [actually tried but i must be getting something wrong because it defaults to 640x480@30] )

ps : These glitches happen from both a PAL or NTSC Source; and are both the same glitches. Under Windows colour and glitches are non existant (because of the supplied driver of course)

is there anyway i can use these USB Capture cards or would i need another one (which is actually a UTV007 this time round)?

<some configs>

Hyperion Grabber Config

• Offizieller Beitrag

the easiest way is to buy a UTV007...

but can i test a few things with teamviewer?

• still trying, cause right now i'm trying to get hyperion to compile on a orange pi and failing over and over, really need a good class on linux compiling in general :LOL:, ill be posting as soon as i find something, however tpmodding did give me this link in the mean time, im guessing due to loopback it will disable UVC errors, see if you have any luck with it!

• got me a supposed USBTV007 on the way aswell, will post a guide of my adventures :thumbup:
    now time to try compiling on a OrangePi

Ps. for those trying to to use a USBTV007 on the orangepi, you will need to compile the dev kernel 4.x to get video0 as outlined in the armbian site (if your using armbian)

• Ps. for those trying to to use a USBTV007 on the orangepi, you will need to compile the dev kernel 4.x to get video0 as outlined in the armbian site (if your using armbian)

Hello, I am trying with Armbian 5.30 Ubuntu 3.4.113 but no luck - UTV007 is identified correctly as Fushicai but /dev/video0 is not created. Is there any working armbian image or step-by-step manual how to compile kernel 4.x? I tried dev kernel Armbian_5.33.171011_Orangepizero_Ubuntu_xenial_next_4.13.5 which has /dev/video0 but spidev is missing there...

• I tried dev kernel Armbian_5.33.171011_Orangepizero_Ubuntu_xenial_next_4.13.5 which has /dev/video0 but spidev is missing there...

I had completely forgot how i used to compile a kernel, not only that but i used to compile for the H3-Based OrangePi Plus so situations may be different
    Until i figure out where i got the tutorial from, did you try the Xenial Next Nightly (comes with a mainline (supposedly 4.x Kernel) from here?
    Please be aware that the following bugs have been reported for these nightlies

Zitat

- No Mali drivers
    - No hardware accelerated video decoding
    - schedutil CPU governor may cause clicks and pops on audio output – change(d) to ondemand to work around this issue

(This might actually interfere with SPI timings ; Like the Pi , either set the cores clock to one speed or try out other governors, use "h3consumption" in terminal to check current core speeds)

Edit 2: Igor has given you the same link on the armbian forums

Edit 3: Try this out to enable SPI with your current setup, Its better to use dev nightlies than building/patching your own kernel.

Edit 4: And to answer the original question, I used to get the instructions from the offical download page, but these got removed with the new download page layout. Nothing that The Wayback Machine can't solve. (cached on April 23rd 2017; Website changed on May 10th)
    I should note that these commands should be run on a Legacy Kernel and might not work anymore, still its worth a shot if things go south with the previous attempts to enable SPI
    I'll Qoute the commands for you just in case the wayback machine dies out on you and for archival sakes.

On a seperate note : I'm supposing that peter12 on the armbian forums is you? If it is; Rosimildo's answer about the processor lockdown hiccup is probably due to the loss of hardware accelerated video encoding in the mainline kernel for the H2+; If you do ever get to the same issue, try running

Code
    armbianmonitor -m 

(CTRL+C to stop the command)

to monitor temperatures, IMO anything over 60-70°C is too much especially since you are right now probably open bench testing this and later on will probably hide it in some cramped space.

• @gebn, thank you for your message. Yes, that is me on armbian forum. I tried to activate spidev1.0 via /boot/armbianEnv.txt but when I start hyperiond and initial effect is running everything flickers like a hell. :(

• @gebn, thank you for your message. Yes, that is me on armbian forum. I tried to activate spidev1.0 via /boot/armbianEnv.txt but when I start hyperiond and initial effect is running everything flickers like a hell. :(

To be completely honest with you, i ended up scrapping my Orange Pi Plus and went with the RPi 3, while i got the kernel and Hyperion working, it just didn't work well with my WS2812b Strip (regardless of the edits penfold42 told us to try out, the green led was removed but proved towards other problems like intermittent flashes, incorrect colours and positions of) and without an oscilloscope, i cant really debug what was going on, maybe it will work better with Strips that have a clock line to them, just didnt feel like waiting 5 weeks for a new led strip.

On a less discouraging tone, i do suggest you try it out either or. My strip was finicky from the start and as soon as i finished the entire project; LEDs just started dying out on their own, maybe theres some wiring issue but, I've honestly just deduced it to the strip being of low quality.

If you do succeeded with a different strip, please let me know, I'd rather put the Orange Pi to the job than the RPi that I can easily find another project for.

• If you do succeeded with a different strip, please let me know, I'd rather put the Orange Pi to the job than the RPi that I can easily find another project for.

I have success with grabber with stk1160 chipset only. It works fine with no glitches.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!