[Updated 10/08/2018] [v2.6] Multiple Displays + Servers, 4K UHD (DirectX 11) Windows Screen Grabber

• I got my Raspberry Pi B+ model and APA102 lights working with a USB screen grabber, but have no idea how to set up HyperCon for the Windows screen grabber. Nor can I figure out how to set up the screen grabber itself.

Are there any instructions? I can't figure out what any of the settings refer to, I don't know what ports I'm meant to be using, I've tried all the logical guesses but it's not working. Could really use a noob guide to help set it up.

You basically need to enable proto port on Hyperion and point the software to it. Also give priority to proto over others in Hyperion.

• You basically need to enable proto port on Hyperion and point the software to it. Also give priority to proto over others in Hyperion.

Thanks, seems to be working now. I get a notification in Window saying it's successfully connected.
    Only trouble is now Hyperion on the RPi seems to crash when using the Windows configuration tool to manually change a colour. And it doesn't seem to change colours with the Windows Screen Grabber either. :thumbsdown: I've created a separate thread about that though.

• thanks for the great work! i use this on a daily basis and it works very reliably/stable!

only concern for me is the performance takes quite a hit in some games specifically. Most of the time it is around 10% GPU but for some games i noticed rather 20% extra GPU load.

so i was wondering are you still planning any updates for the Application in the future Sabaat? Or is this project finished

• Hey,

I really love your software and it works perfectly with the old hyperion. But I cannot get it to run with hyperion.ng. I used the same settings as for the old hyperion but my leds dont get any signal. I tested it with alpha3 - alpha6 and the problem persists. When I change back to the old hyperion everythings runs again. I havent tested the other alphas so I cannot say when the problem occured. Has anything changed regarding the proto server or how hyperion.ng handles the input data?

• Hey,

I really love your software and it works perfectly with the old hyperion. But I cannot get it to run with hyperion.ng. I used the same settings as for the old hyperion but my leds dont get any signal. I tested it with alpha3 - alpha6 and the problem persists. When I change back to the old hyperion everythings runs again. I havent tested the other alphas so I cannot say when the problem occured. Has anything changed regarding the proto server or how hyperion.ng handles the input data?

What are your settings? I think I remember it didn't work for me until I set the priority to 100

• What are your settings? I think I remember it didn't work for me until I set the priority to 100

Thanks for your reply and the great tipp. Changing the priority from 10 to 100 solved the problem and now the software and hyperion ng is runnung like a charm

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!