[Updated 10/08/2018] [v2.6] Multiple Displays + Servers, 4K UHD (DirectX 11) Windows Screen Grabber

• Offizieller Beitrag

@Sabaat Ahmad

For multi-server support there's a separate branch:

https://github.com/RickDB/Hype…enCap/commits/multiserver

Using that at the moment to switch between PC and media-center (2 led setups connected to 1 rpi) but code wise it could use some cleaning up and improving as it was meant for quick fix here :)
    When using DX11 capture there's a 2-3s delay to the leds which I can't pinpoint yet but cpu load wise it's very nice with max 1% on the 1800X :)

• I'll look into the multi-server code to see if I can copy over some of it.Thanks!

I have been using this with the RPi connected over LAN to my router. This 2-3 second delay was present when a lot of frames were being sent over to Hyperion. I fixed this my adding the MAX FPS field which explicitly delays the next frame capture. If you are not using the default settings on the advanced tab, can you try them out.

• Hi,
    thanks very much for the new version. My logging shows a reoccurring exception that sometimes appeares also on the desktop as a notification.

I was able to reproduce this if I run the Aerial Screensaver for a while. I also saw this on other occasions. Thanks to version 2.2 I can provide a log for this

The full log is this

I'm running Windows 10 - fall creators update with nvidia 1050ti (latest drivers) and 4k screen.

BTW: There's another thing. Sometimes the screen is not grabbed at all. E.g. when using the netflix app store app. Browser works.
    Also experienced a strange behavior when playing games in full hd resolution instead of 4k. It seems like the screen grabber only grabs the upper left corner in 1920x1080. It would be great if the grabber would recognize this and also automatically adjust the scaling factor. In this case it should change from 32 for 4k to 16 for FullHD.

Thanks very much.

• Hi,
    thanks very much for the new version. My logging shows a reoccurring exception that sometimes appeares also on the desktop as a notification.
    .... In this case it should change from 32 for 4k to 16 for FullHD.

Thanks very much.

Thanks for sharing the log.

1. It seems like like the capture works for you some times. Can you tell me when does this error happen?
    2. Screen capture does not work for Netflix and other such apps that specify that the content they are displaying is considered as protected. When the frame is captured, this section of the screen is rendered as a black rectangle. If you come across any solutions for this then let me know.
    3. Capturing the above left portion is happening because the screen resolution changes when the app is launched. I'll try to think of a short term fix for this. My long term plan is to implement a new technique to capture DirectX applications like games which will greatly improve the performance the LED lights without impacting the gameplay (FPS). I have logged this issue on GitHub: https://github.com/sabaatworld/HyperionScreenCap/issues/10

• Thanks for sharing the log.

1. It seems like like the capture works for you some times. Can you tell me when does this error happen?

Thanks for the reply. I've turned error logging on and will let you know as soon as I'm able to reproduce it. Currently I just know that it works perfect on desktop, browser and Kodi but if the screensaver kicks in it starts working and without any action it shows the error. I'm aware that this description doesn't help. But I'll provide an update as soon as I can say more.

• Ok. Now I was able to capture the error. I started the aerial screensaver manually with an active screengrabber. As it takes some time for the error to happen I left the room and when I came back the ambilight was dark. Here is the log that was written on error level

I have no idea where the actual error occured but I hope it helps to track it down.

Thanks again.

• Ok. Now I was able to capture the error. I started the aerial screensaver manually with an active screengrabber. As

I have no idea where the actual error occured but I hope it helps to track it down.

Thanks again.

That helps a lot. Thank you. Seems like for some reason the app does not have access to view the screen saver. I'll try it out with the Ariels screensaver but for now can you try running the application as Administrator on Windows and see if that helps.

• Hi,
    unfortunately running the app as administrator didn't do the trick. It crashed again. Please see the log attached

Thanks for helping

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have been using this with the RPi connected over LAN to my router. This 2-3 second delay was present when a lot of frames were being sent over to Hyperion. I fixed this my adding the MAX FPS field which explicitly delays the next frame capture. If you are not using the default settings on the advanced tab, can you try them out.

Setting 30FPS there did the trick, still looks faster than DX9 that way so ready for 4K capture :)

• Hi,

To fix the issue where only one corner is being captured in your games at full HD, try the following fix:

• Go to Program Files and locate HyperionScreenCap.exe
    • Right click -> Properties -> Compatibility
    • Set Override high DPI scaling behavior to "Application"

• Okay hooked the LED's incl. the Arduino up to an 8€ Orange Pi Zero i had laying around, watched the first 4K movie with Hyperion Screen Cap and it is working.
    Now i have one problem, i cant manage to autostart Hyperion Screen Cap when Windows starts. Tried it via Autostart Folder and Registry, result was both times the same. It wont start anymore and directly crash after that even if i try to start it via the Desktop icon. Even new install does not solve it. I have to delete the Settings which are somewhere located inside the Users Folder and redo the Startup Wizard to get it running again.

Could you add a "Startup with Windows" Setting in the next Version?

To be honest this program makes Kodi on Windows useable for me, because without i could only run outdated solutions to get Ambilight.

• Okay hooked the LED's incl. the Arduino up to an 8€ Orange Pi Zero i had laying around, watched the first 4K movie with Hyperion Screen Cap and it is working.
    Now i have one problem, i cant manage to autostart Hyperion Screen Cap when Windows starts. Tried it via Autostart Folder and Registry, result was both times the same. It wont start anymore and directly crash after that even if i try to start it via the Desktop icon. Even new install does not solve it. I have to delete the Settings which are somewhere located inside the Users Folder and redo the Startup Wizard to get it running again.

Could you add a "Startup with Windows" Setting in the next Version?

To be honest this program makes Kodi on Windows useable for me, because without i could only run outdated solutions to get Ambilight.

Once the software starts, there is an option in the setup window to enable launch on startup. I think that you are facing one of these issues:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!