Hyperion.ng Yeelight Bridge

• Official Post

Hi

the Yeelight S1 is treated as not discovered, as it has a different model identifier which is not considered in the current code.

I suggested a fix in the answer of the issue pho08 raised at GitLab.
    The fix will suport S1 and Stripe in addition.

https://gitlab.com/tobimiller/…eelight-bridge/-/issues/1

Happytesting!

• thanks so much for this @Lord-Grey

now the configurator script finds the lights.

after a lot of errors trying to get the service/bridge.py running, i think i finally managed it (it was apparently just a stupid mistake with ""s in the config file)

BUT alas the lights don't react at all

:edit (no#315413513)
    okay i think i am going insane with this... now all of a sudden after rebooting/restarting everything ONE of the the three lights actually turned on and seems to be getting signals!! it changes luminance and colors while playing a file in kodi!
    But the colors are all wrong (basically just white and green) and the other two lamps i have configured still don't react at all :( -- but it's something!

:edit
    restarting again ANOTHER lamp turns on than before (left front, before it was right front --still only one though) and still just white and green (even though there is no green in the picture on TV)

outdated errors solved(?)

• Official Post

For testing you may just go into Directory
    itself cd /home/pi/hyperion-yeelight-bridge/

and execute directly until it works

python3 bridge.py

There you should also find the Config File

• thanks for the reply! yes that's how i am testing it

during the testing i noticed that the only lamp which was actually reacting to the signals sent from hyperion.ng was displayed as "offline" in yeelight app.

anyway, so i edited the config.json and changed the names of the lamps (even though there were no duplicates) and restarted bridge.py. But now nothing happens anymore. rebooting the system didnt help

so i restored the original config.json (with the original names) , rebooted, but nothing, made sure that the yeelight-bridge service was running but the lamp doesn't react to hyperion anymore...
    i tried running the configurator.py again but it returns

Code
    pi@raspberrypi:~/hyperion-yeelight-bridge $ python3 configurator.py
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "configurator.py", line 6, in <module>
        import yeelight
    ImportError: No module named 'yeelight'

what the hell?

what's worse it is still offline in yeelight app. So i hardware-resetted the lamp but now i can't even find it in the yee app anymore X(

• okay so apparently there is a bug in the newest firmware of the yeelights 1s. If you update and at some point in the future your yeelight app loses connection it is a pain in the ass to get it reconnected (connection attempt timed out). after trying countless times last night to reconnect i gave up. this morning all of a sudden it reconnected as if nothing had ever happened.

anyway i finally managed to get the bridge running and correctly adress a bulb. Colors change according to Kodi playback....

BUT i can always only get ONE of the bulbs to work. The configurator.py sometimes finds 1 or 2 bulbs (never all 3) but even if i set up these 2 correctly, at the end only one bulb will actually light up/respond to the UDP signals.

is there a way to manually add/register more bulbs with their actual IP adress? I am not talking about the config.json in the program dir (this one only has their nicknames). But the file where there physical adress is stored? Couldn't find that.

Cheers

• new version online.

please check it out.

pi@raspberrypi:~/hyperion-yeelight-bridge $ python3 configurator.py Traceback (most recent call last): File "configurator.py", line 6, in <module> import yeelight ImportError: No module named 'yeelight'

this looks like you have not installed the dependencies ;)

• Woah thanks. Dont mind my whining/babbling above, all errors seem to be fixed and i already got it working :)

One thing though: blacks are somehow screwed. Meaning the lamps wont dim/turn off on black scenes but randomly show blue/red (probably the color that comes closest) in full saturation ....and in pitch black scenes the lamps go full white . But maybe thats only happening with the 1s bulb?

• Woah thanks. Dont mind my whining/babbling above, all errors seem to be fixed and i already got it working :)

One thing though: blacks are somehow screwed. Meaning the lamps wont dim/turn off on black scenes but randomly show blue/red (probably the color that comes closest) in full saturation ....and in pitch black scenes the lamps go full white . But maybe thats only happening with the 1s bulb?

that’s exactly the behavior I had with the newer hardware version I have. What I have read in the yeelight forum is that the new version getting worse in color accuracy with low brightness. So I will stay with my first gen yeelights. Maybe we should scale the brightness for newer yeelights.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!