Loosing video0 on Hyperion.ng

• I have a weird behavior of my pi3, where I have installed hyperion.ng.

For some time external grabber is working fine, but then video0 disappear and only a restart of the pi is bringing it back.
    What can be the issue?
    Somehow I have bunch of other videos (video1, video10,video11, video12), but only video0 disappear.
    I had also a video2 which disappeared after reboot.

Here is the log after fresh reboot:

and before that restart it looked like this (no video0, but video2):

• It might be that the Rpi is not providing enough power from the usb port and the usb video capture is rebooting. And when it reboots it get's a increment of +1 to the video device.

Try using a powered usb hub between the Rpi and usb video capture.

Hope it's of help.

• It didn't work. After two days, there is again no video0, but video2.
    When I make

Code
    lsusb

this is always what it shows.

Code
    Bus 001 Device 008: ID 534d:0021
    Bus 001 Device 007: ID 05e3:0610 Genesys Logic, Inc. 4-port hub
    Bus 001 Device 006: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMSC9512/9514 Fast Ethernet Adapter
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMC9514 Hub
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
  • Bus 001 Device 008: ID 534d:0021

Does that line differ from when done after a fresh boot? Normally I believe there is additional info in that line.

I suspect that the grabber is overheating and subsequently rebooting. I've added heat sinks to the main chips on all my grabbers. It seems to help, as some of my grabbers feel as if heat is melting the casing somewhat.

Of course it could be just a flaky grabber to begin with. I have a small box with six or so cheap grabbers that work somewhat. It's hit and miss with them.

Hope its of help.

• that Line is always like this. When I plug the grabber into another Pi3 it shows the full detail in that line.

The grabber was purchased few week ago. So I bought new grabber, new convertor, and now additional powered usb hub.
    One thing that remained same is Pi3.
    Is there some log that could suggest some hardware issue with the pi?

• System log files reside in the directory "/var/log".

kern.log might show whats happening. Look for usb related lines and errors lines.
    It's somewhat cryptic but it's where to look for system hardware related info.

• So after replacing every hardware component, it came out that the issue was rasberry pi itselfe. After replacing it with new one (same sd card) everything start working as expected.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!