Help needed Hyperion not working if grabber enabled

• Hi
    I've got Hyperion installed on a Pi 3 with WS2813 using SPI
    It works great using the Hyperion App on the PC or Phone
    However once I enable the grabber it will not work
    This is my config.txt file

And this is my hyperion.config.json file

I've only got 36 led's connected at the moment to test untill I know it's working then once it is I'll connect it to the full amount on LED's on the back of the TV

• What type of grabber?
    Look like a usb type from how the config is setup. Correct?
    A utv007 chipset or STK1160 chipset ?

Any logs to show whats happening would help as well.

• Log without grabber enabled and the LED's working

Log with Grabber enabled

• If I try and set the colour after the grabber is enabled I get this
    ssh out: hyperion-remote -c ff3f2f
    ssh in: hyperion-remote:
    ssh in: version : V1.03.5 (GitHub-66bef6b/fb413cd-1566231780
    ssh in: build time: Aug 25 2019 10:39:08
    ssh out: Unable to connect to host

If I disable the grabber and do exactly the same I get this
    ssh out: hyperion-remote -c ff3f2f
    ssh in: hyperion-remote:
    ssh in: version : V1.03.5 (GitHub-66bef6b/fb413cd-1566231780
    ssh in: build time: Aug 25 2019 10:39:08
    ssh in: Connected to localhost:19444
    ssh in: Set color to 255 63 47

• Are you sure the grabber is a utv007 chipset?

ssh in: Jan 21 20:17:07 raspberrypi hyperiond[318]: what(): VIDIOC_S_STD ERROR 25, Inappropriate ioctl for device

This error usually comes from other chipsets.

Enter

Code
    lsusb

on the command prompt on the Pi with the grabber plugged in to glean useful info, and post results.

There should be a result that look like "Bus 001 Device 005: ID 1b71:3002 Fushicai USBTV007 Video Grabber [EasyCAP]"

• I've come back to this because as guessed correctly by a couple of people the grabber was indeed the wrong chipset.
    I spent ages trying to get one and I now have 2 grabbers
    The 1st grabber is Bus 001 Device 006: ID 1b71:3002 Fushicai USBTV007 Video Grabber [EasyCAP]
    The 2nd grabber is Bus 001 Device 004: ID 05e1:0408 Syntek Semiconductor Co., Ltd STK1160 Video Cap

Both grabbers are now giving me exactly the same problems albeit different from the original post
    The is a problem with the last 8 led's on the bottom of the TV but I think this is a physical problem so until I can get some more I have disabled the horizontal LED's on the bottom

The colours of the LED's work perfectly from the colour picker in Hyperion and by using the Hyperion app on my phone, it starts and runs perfectly but the colours are out when using the grabber
    You will see why below

Neither grabber will grab the screen correctly
    I'll show you in the following pictures
    This image shows both the TV and the computer screen showing the grabbed picture

This is the image of the TV

This is the image of the grabber on the computer

This is my config

and This is my Log

Anyone got any suggestions?

• Is you broadcast region PAL or NTSC?

It looks kinda like a mismatch.
    In hyperion.config is the line to change if needed.

Code
    "standard" : "PAL",

And there is a switch on the hdmi to av converter for PAL/NTSC. Some converters have the switch label reversed. So keep that in mind as well.

Hope its of help.

• Unfortunately it’s not this, I’m In England and we use Pal.
    I actually tried switching it to NTSC before I posted and it made the picture way worse.

i know the decimation is set to 8 and 2, I also tried various combinations from 0 to 32 and it made little difference

• Going by this:

Both grabbers are now giving me exactly the same problems albeit different from the original post

It may be the hdmi to av converter causing the problem.

Try plugging the usb capture in something that outputs video to RCA av. Any old vcr, video cam recorder or a game console would work. And see the how it looks.

Hope its of help.

• You found the problem
    The issue I had was - I was using a 10bit UHD signal into the hdmi splitter to 1080 converter and then into the grabber
    I started with a 576P signal from my Satellite box, this worked perfectly and I then increased the resolution in stages until it went pixelated again
    This is UHD 8 bit if I use 10bit it then pixellated again but I'm hapopy with this

Thanks for the help :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!