Better Color Adjustment

• I tested the new version too, working fine.

@Funatiq
    I agree with you, maybe we should reduce the saturation by the same factor that luminance is increased. Let's say that global luminance is 0.05 and backlight luminance is 0.1, therefore the saturation reduction factor should be 2. Maybe even more aggressive, as we dont want a dark movie to keep changing backlight color at every scene.

• @AEtHeLsYn @Funatiq
    discovered a bug: if you use the backlight setting and set a red or green or blue picture and go back to a black one the leds stay at a slightly red/green/blue (dependent from color)
    Would be great if you could have a look.

There is a fun fact, if you disable the grabber with the kodi check this color won´t stay so it is no problem
    @redPanther
    Idea why this happen?

• // confirmed
    disabled smoothing it is gone.
    After redPanther stopt the processing if no new pictures arrive the last output is now a smoothed mix of black and green or black and red.
    @redPanther
    If you may have an idea :)

Edit: Should be no issue, cause this is just forced if you calibrate colors and get a high and short color change.
    Maybe you are able to add a small hardcoded delay until the smoothing shutdowns the output

• Hm, looks like the HSL brightness regulation is not suitable for everyone. Some people still just get a good regulation if they use HSV brightness.
    Is there a special reason why this is so much different?

Regarding the MinimumLuminance i have to admit, i still use the old "blacklevel" implementation. It may be a bad hack but it works. Maybe we could go more in this direction to prevent issue with the backlight?

• @Funatiq @AEtHeLsYn
    So after some more testing i have sadly to say. the side effects of MinimumLuminance are really weird.
    For me it looks like the last color still "hangs" in a lower value. This leads to a weird color mix around tv which is completely wrong even when the picture is already black.

If there is no real solution, is it possible to move to another (dirty) implementation like the old blacklvl. It kills the color space but it works.

Another thing:
    People requested to set the min luminance just during grabbers are active, so it will be diabled if you use a "idle effect/color" or just black with disabled grabbers.
    For this you may "move" this to another(new?) component which could be called (started and stopped) during runtime.
    ping @redPanther
    I will open a issue for this.

• The easiest solution would be to set the saturation to 0 when applying the MinimumLuminance. Then the backlight would always be without color which means some sort of grey.

For the idle effect would it be possible to disable the HSL transform as a whole? I dont think it makes sense to split the backlight from HSL because it depends on the luminance calculated in the transform.

• @HalbesHaehnchen

After fighting with hyperion color corrections i recognized that my fushicai grabber output is over saturated, exactly like your chroma on picture. So all my calibration effords lead to strange colors... Can you please tell me how you disabled this over-saturation?

I already changed my image from openelec to raspian so i have access to v4l2-ctl - butno i have no idea how/what to change...

• Hello :)
    I posted my current v4l2 Settings here:

https://hyperion-project.org/t…uck-colors.257/#post-2206

The first command disables the chroma thing. Then you have to play around with saturation and chroma_gain to get a natural saturated image.
    I also raised image brightness, makes Hyperion works better with darker colors for me.

Ah btw, you have to put these command into a file that starts up with linux every time since they dont get saved.

• Addition: I don't have any controls:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ v4l2-ctl -l
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $ v4l2-ctl -L
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $

But i can definitely grab the over-saturated screenshots with hypercon... Driver issue? I have no clue how to get the controls :(

• Now i have tried: Using a full image instead of lite, compiling latest version of v4l-utils (1.10.1), updating to latest kernel... Nothing, no commands.

Perhaps ists hardeware related? I have the Fushicai UTV007 grabber. But without correct colors from the grabber, i think i can try calibrating hyperion forever...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!