Install Hyperion.ng on LibreELEC x86_64/RPi (inoffiziell/unofficially)

• Unfortunately not. The cable arrived but I didn't have time to look for the problem. I will contact you when I find the problem.

@Paulchen-Panther

PR 1087 solves the problem with signal detection.

Can you tell me how I could merge these fixes to the installed version? Is it just copying the files from PR 1087 to the hyperion folder or will it still run in debug mode then?

Thanks
    René

• Hi,

first of all @Paulchen-Panther - Many thanks for your script!
    I'm a newbie on RPi but the Hyperion option inspired me for my Xmas 2020 project...:thumbsup:

I need your help: How can I check that the WebInterface <localIP>:8090 is up and running? Is there a way to check that on LibreELEC / KODI / console directly?
    My Tablet nor my PC browser can find it...

Additional notice, I used the HyperBrian image for the use Hyperion.ng with success. But I'll use Hyperion.ng on LibreELEC. :bigsmile:

I tried the 2.0.0-alpha.9 and 2.0.0-alpha.8 so far.
    Here installation result after my last try:

My current HW: "Raspberry Pi Model B Rev 2"
    I have several questions:

• do I use the right "*.tar.gz*? No clue which asset/processor I have... (..aarch64...armv6l... or ...armv7l.tar.gz)
    • How can I check that the hyperion.service (s) are up and running?:thumbsdown:
    • Where and how can I copy the *.tar.gz to use the installation "OPTION C"? I tried to copy the file via my PC to the SD card - but seems that the command can't find the file on it. :(

Many thanks in advance,
    Stefan

• Did you execute a reboot command after the installation?

• Where and how can I copy the *.tar.gz to use the installation "OPTION C"? I tried to copy the file via my PC to the SD card - but seems that the command can't find the file .....

Has anyone a tip? I habe *.tar.gz File dowloaded but can't install. The online Installation (option A or B) times out twice by ~78% (and one hour)...

• I don´t get it. In Post 204 it looks like the installation with Option A was successful and you were just not able to connect to the webserver?

That's right. In the meanwhile, my SD card from Post 204 looks corrupted and I started to install all from the scratch on a new SD card. As I have some sources downloaded previously, I would use the option "C", where I don't know how to prepare...

So yes, the main issue is/was the missing WebInterface. I 'll re-investigate what happen with the command "Service Hyperlink status" as soon as I get the RPi up and running again...

• I haven’t had time to try LibreElec with h.NG0.9 yet (have a Pi4 waiting), but I ran HyperBian, found out that I just needed to “test” all the 5V strip selections, realized that none of the SPI worked and made “SK6812 CW” run on “WS28xx PWM”. It works perfect, no-one told me to try, but it worked.
    Point being, I never ince had problems with HyperBian and the web interface. It just worked out of the box. I did have “problems” with the LED’s “not working”, but as stated above, “wrong” selection.
    Only downside to running PWM vs SPI is that PWM takes more Amps. (I found that if the project is big enough you should always overestimate the powerdraw, just in case.)
    Also China. Most of the time it’s fine, but you never know, you might get that one PSU that is faulty.
    Got a 30Amp with screw connectors, soldered the power cables to quick attachments and plugged the Pi, Splitter and lights to the same terminals and it looked nice.
    Fixing some things for the next build. No splitter, just a HDMI capture w/loop. Almost cheaper (if not the same price) than the capture dongle+splitter, less clutter and looks nicer. Sorry for rambling, just hope this helps. Somehow...

My current HW: "Raspberry Pi Model B Rev 2"
    I have several questions:

• do I use the right "*.tar.gz*? No clue which asset/processor I have... (..aarch64...armv6l... or ...armv7l.tar.gz)
    • How can I check that the hyperion.service (s) are up and running?:thumbsdown:
    • Where and how can I copy the *.tar.gz to use the installation "OPTION C"? I tried to copy the file via my PC to the SD card - but seems that the command can't find the file on it. :(

I found the info to all of my previous points:

1) use command cat /proc/cpuinfo to view CPU information. In my case is it ARMv6-compatible processor rev 7 (v6l) >> I need another *.tar.gz source
    2) use command systemctl status hyperion.service to check the service status. In my case "Service: not found" >> I estimate is related to the wrong ARM package
    3) to copy from Win10 to the RPi, use an SFTP program (like FileZilla) and copy the *.tar.gz to /storage

:omg::D:bigsmile:

<update> after all, I installed the ARMv6 with success:

and the Hyperion service (incl. Web Interface) are up and running:

:thumbsup:
    :bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

• Guten Tag!
    Ich verwende WS2813-Band
    Paspberry Pi4. Hyperion Version 2.0.0-alpha.9
    Sagen Sie mir, wie Sie das Aufnahmegerät richtig konfigurieren (die Himbeere selbst aufnehmen) und welche Einstellungen Sie vornehmen müssen.
    Danke.

• Guten Tag!
    Es gab ein Problem wie dieses:
    Einmal nach Ihren Anweisungen installiert, funktioniert die Hintergrundbeleuchtung hervorragend.
    Es gab jedoch ein Problem: Der Ton wurde durch Weiterleiten über die Raspberry (HDMI)-TV LG (Optik) - an den YAMAKHA-Empfänger angeschlossen. Beim Ansehen von Streaming-Videos in Spur 5.1 (Akustik 5.0 ist in den Einstellungen festgelegt) wird der Ton nicht abgespielt. Nach dem Entfernen von NIPERION wird der Ton wiederhergestellt. Ist es möglich, einen anderen DMA-Kanal zu verwenden, um Audioausfälle zu vermeiden?
    Ich denke, es wird durch einen Systemressourcenkonflikt verursacht.
    Ich entschuldige mich dafür, dass ich den Übersetzer über Google geschrieben habe.

• Hi,
    habe jetzt Libre Elec 9.2.6 mit Hyperion-2.0.0-alpha.9 auf meinem Rasp 4 installiert.
    Im Moment sind noch keine LEDs angeschlossen.

Leider muß ich feststellen, dass sobald der Hyperion Process läuft das Bild aussetzt oder Flackert. Das passiert in allen Auflösungen auch bei Filmen auf lokaler Platte am Rasp.
    Theoretisch sollte doch Hyperion zusammen mit Kodi laufen, oder ?
    Habe auch neu installiert und die gleichen Probleme. Liegt es daran, das noch keine LEDs angeschlossen sind oder an was anderem?
    Nebenbei, bekomme in allen Auflösungen nur 30Hz angeboten, hängt vielleicht iwi damit zusammen. Danke für Eure Hilfe !

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!