Install Hyperion.ng on LibreELEC x86_64/RPi (inoffiziell/unofficially)

• Hallo zusammen,

Ich bin recht neu in der ganzen Thematik habe, mich aber durch gekniffelt. Mein Ambilight läuft derzeit am 3b+ mit externen Grabber UTVF007 mit HyperBian.

Habe hier entsprechend dem Thread libreelec Kodi mit der aktuellen 2. Alpha9 + Hyperion NG das Ambilight nur mit dem internen Grabber zum laufen bekommen. Der UTVF007 ist hier nicht auswählbar.
    Die Installation lief sauber ohne Fehlermeldung.

Der Gabber wird über lsusb mit 534d:021 angezeigt. Sobald ich den externen Grabber aktiviere mit manuellen Eingaben, geht kein Ambilight mehr.

Merkwürdig finde ich, dass ich keinen Hyperion Ordner oder Pfad habe und auch keine Config finde.
    Sonst würde ich die einfach ersetzen oder bearbeiten.

Ich bin mit meinem Latein jetzt am Ende, und brauche mal eure Hilfe.

Hat jemand Vorschlag wie ich weitermachen kann?

• Habe das gleiche Problem. Gerade hat mir jemand einen vorschlag gemacht. siehe:
    Dropouts at HDMI as soon as I start hyperion
    kann es noch nicht testen, da meine LED´s noch nicht da sind.
    Würde mich freuen, wenn du mal testen könntest was da steht... Danke

• @Paulchen-Panther

If I want to watch hyperion with RPI4 dispmanx grabber for 1080 content i get no signal. If I enable USB grabber and disable PLATFORM grabber, Then I see the movie with working hyperion. How could I fix this? For 1080 content I want to use internal grabber and for 4k the usb. Do you have any idea where it is going fault?

• Hey here,

My RPi4 start crashing after I installed hyperion.ng. Video crash each time when I play any video. After reboot, I got no signal on my tv. When I removed Hyperion everything starts working.
    When I removed Hyperion and install again logs:
    [MEDIA=pastebin]Z1SKrab5[/MEDIA]

Can someone help me ?

I'm using RPi 4Gb ram, libreelec - 9.2.6, kodi - 18.9.0 + SamsungTV

• Hi, I think so ... I have had the simular problem. Change the resolution to 1280x720 in the system setup of kodi. That has nothing to do with the output. It is only the kodi interface that will be rendered at 720p and you won't even notice it. Try it, and you'll see it will fix your problem...it is in Settings/system/display (Kodi settings).
    That works still in 4k mode.

After changing that its much, much better for me. But I still have the problem of buffering and some dropouts .
    Actually I check network problems.

good luck !

• Hi, I think so ... I have had the simular problem. Change the resolution to 1280x720 in the system setup of kodi. That has nothing to do with the output. It is only the kodi interface that will be rendered at 720p and you won't even notice it. Try it, and you'll see it will fix your problem...it is in Settings/system/display (Kodi settings).
    That works still in 4k mode.

After changing that its much, much better for me. But I still have the problem of buffering and some dropouts .
    Actually I check network problems.

good luck !

Thank you a loooot! It helps me.

• Firstly thanks for creating this post - made the install very simple on my intel based media pc.

I have a small issue with my setup, every time i boot up the pc i have to go into the hyperion portal and disable and then reenable the instance to make it work. Can anyone help please?

• Firstly thanks for creating this post - made the install very simple on my intel based media pc.

I have a small issue with my setup, every time i boot up the pc i have to go into the hyperion portal and disable and then reenable the instance to make it work. Can anyone help please?

I solved it by making a script and put it in autostart.sh

Bash
    #!/bin/bash
    systemctl restart hyperion.service
  • I solved it by making a script and put it in autostart.sh

Bash
    #!/bin/bash
    systemctl restart hyperion.service

did you do this, note that it is different from the start, stop or restart command. That one actually enables it at boot

Code
    systemctl enable hyperion

sounds like you may have started it but not actually enabled the service to autostart.

Code
    systemctl list-unit-files

You should see the status of hyperion service in there and if it has been enabled or disabled for autostart

• the service is enabled.
    hyperion.ng has been working always for me, when I set the kodi display resolution to 4k. However, I wanted to have the Kodi GUI at 1080p as it runs a lot smoother on my J5005. So I white flagged the 4k resolutions. With white flagged kodi settings, hyperion was working only in the left upper corner and it was a kind of minimised. With the above script triggered in the autostart.sh, I don't have any issues anymore.

have a good day

• @Paulchen-Panther: die Zuordnung von Broadcom Chips zu RPi Versionen stimmt nicht ganz in deinem Script. Bei mir ist die Installation zwar durchgelaufen aber der Hyperion Service wurde nie gestartet. Grund: auf einem Raspberry Pi Model B Rev 2 mit BCM2835 Chip installiert dein Script die armv7l Variante. BCM2835 ist aber ARM6 Architektur.

Mit:
    RPI_1=`grep -m1 -c 'BCM2708\|BCM2835' /proc/cpuinfo`
    RPI_2_3_4=`grep -m1 -c 'BCM2709\|BCM2710\|BCM2836\|BCM2837\|BCM2711' /proc/cpuinfo`

Läuft auch Alpha9 super :)

• Hallo,
    ich versuche sein ein paar Tagen Hyperion zu installeiren.
    MIt dem Script leif es alles durch, es stand "installation finisched".
    Status von hyperion wird immer "activating" angezeigt:
    hyperion.service - Hyperion ambient light systemd service
    Loaded: loaded (/storage/.config/system.d/hyperion.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
    Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: signal) since Sun 2021-01-17 19:55:23 CET; 3s ago
    Process: 2412 ExecStart=/storage/hyperion/bin/hyperiond --userdata /storage/hyperion/ (code=killed, signal=ILL)
    Main PID: 2412 (code=killed, signal=ILL)

System: LibreELEC (official): 9.2.6 (RPi.arm)
    Raspberry pi 3b

Ich bin aktuell etwas überfragt, wo ich etwas übersehen habe.

• Hi!
    Newcomer here & a total noob with Hyperion.

RPi3 + OSMC + WS2812b = great result.

I want to move my media center to:
    RPi4 2GB + LibreElec 9.2.6 + WS2812b

I used the install script from the initial post in this thread, and this is the result for the hyperion service

● hyperion.service - Hyperion ambient light systemd service
    Loaded: loaded (/storage/.config/system.d/hyperion.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
    Active: active (running) since Thu 2021-01-28 20:59:16 CET; 2min 8s ago
    Main PID: 928 (hyperiond)
    Memory: 8.5M
    CGroup: /system.slice/hyperion.service
    └─928 /storage/hyperion/bin/hyperiond --userdata /storage/hyperion/

Jan 28 20:59:16 raspi4 systemd[1]: Started Hyperion ambient light systemd service.

However, when I play a video - nothing is shown on my WS2812b LEDs, whereas I have already used them in the same setup on a RPi3
    I want to use the same config as on the RPi3, but I don't know which location is this installed service using it from...
    Strange thing, when I run the service manually
    /storage/hyperion/bin/hyperiond /storage/.config/hyperion.config.json
    I get no echo in ssh and I only notice that the OSD menu during playing a video is blanking the screen.
    If I stop the manually started service, OSD menu is shown without blanking the screen.

I am hoping for some insight and guidance and really don't want to go back to the RPi3 with OSMC.
    LibreElec is much faster/smoother + OSMC is not available for RPi4

P.S.
    My hyperion.config.json has this:
    {
    // DEVICE CONFIGURATION
    "device" :
    {
    "name" : "MyHyperionConfig",
    "type" : "ws281x",
    "leds" : 150,
    "colorOrder" : "rgb"
    },

// COLOR CALIBRATION CONFIG
    "color" :
    {

• change kodi GUI to 720p for the Pi4, that's really the only thing you need to do after the install to prevent the black screens. Take it you can get to the configuration page ok and everything else is setup in there - GPIO pin etc etc?

LibreElec has the faster GUI compared to OSMC, curious to see how much of an improvement their new version has over the old but there is definitely a lag on OSMC compared to LibreElec,

Might be better creating your own thread if the GUI does not resolve the issue just to keep it specific to your setup :thumbsup:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!