No white light

• Greetings. I finally got my setup running and starting to calibrate the color. I run the first color, white, as a jpeg or video. I have no white light. I have tweaked ever setting under the sun. What am I missing?

My setup is:
    Raspberry pi 4 running Raspbian.
    293 WS2813 LEDs.
    Easycap USB capture stick plugged into a powered hub.
    20 amp power supply for the lights.
    5 amp power supply for the Rpi.
    Hyperion.ng.

The log is here: [MEDIA=pastebin]j0vH4UBv[/MEDIA]

Note that you will see in the log: (WARNING) SPI rate 10000000 outside recommended range (2106000 -> 3075000).
    If I set the SPI rate inside that recommended range, the lights don't come on at all.

Here is the config file: [MEDIA=pastebin]XWJEpnKr[/MEDIA]

Thanks in advance for any help.

• Since I'm using Hyperion.ng, my understanding there is no hyperion.config.json. Is there something else I can post?

You can get your currant config by going to the web interface, under Configuration/General page,. There you can export the config file to your PC and then edit it if needed then import it back.

Hope it helps.

On a side note:
    Web interface of .NG is just Soooo easy. Thanks Dev's
    =)

• You can get your currant config by going to the web interface, under Configuration/General page,. There you can export the config file to your PC and then edit it if needed then import it back.

Hope it helps.

On a side note:
    Web interface of .NG is just Soooo easy. Thanks Dev's
    =)

Thanks! I added it to the original post.

• Could you use your hyperion with watching movies? Because there should be a signol drop.

• Try adding " spidev.bufsiz=32768 " to " /boot/cmdline.txt ". Also try adding " core_freq=250 " to " /boot/config.txt " if running on a Rpi3.

That's the tips from the rpi_ws281x library git page ( https://github.com/jgarff/rpi_ws281x#spi ) Hyperion makes use of that library.

Hope its of help.

I added it to cmdline.txt. Same result, no white lights. I tried adding to config.txt but it wouldn't boot, probably because it's a Pi4.

• Got my 12 volt power supply today. I have white lights. All is well. Thanks for everyone's help.

nice buddy. But how is it possible that you could have ambilifht with 2160p movies? Every body got issues on the forum and on the libreelec forum.

• nice buddy. But how is it possible that you could have ambilifht with 2160p movies? Every body got issues on the forum and on the libreelec forum.

Hello. Sorry for the late reply as I don't get notifications someone posted (is that possible?).

Anyway, I believe the key is this splitter I got: https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod…_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1. You can flip the dip switches to have some hdmi ports 4k and some 1080p. Hook up the 4k port to the tv and the 1080 port to the ambilight.

Note: I just noticed I made a mistake in my first post. I'm running Raspbian, not Librelec, so I don't know if matters or not. I changed the first post to reflect Raspbian.

• Hello. Sorry for the late reply as I don't get notifications someone posted (is that possible?).

Anyway, I believe the key is this splitter I got: https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod…_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1. You can flip the dip switches to have some hdmi ports 4k and some 1080p. Hook up the 4k port to the tv and the 1080 port to the ambilight.

Note: I just noticed I made a mistake in my first post. I'm running Raspbian, not Librelec, so I don't know if matters or not. I changed the first post to reflect Raspbian.

no worries brother. Maybe because libreelec is different. I dont know. So many issues with the pi4.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!