Simple software WLED setup with Pi4 Kodi and PS4 Pro HDR

• Puck,

which version of raspbian buster did you use?

-Raspbian Buster with desktop and recommended software
    -
    Raspbian Buster with desktop
    -Raspbian Buster Lite

I use Raspbian Buster with desktop, but I boot into terminal mode and start Kodi automatically through a systemd service. The Lite version should be enough. You can follow this guide: https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=251645

HyperHDR & HASS on Raspberry Pi 4 | 4K 4:4:4 Grabber 60hz | Wemos D1 Mini - 221 LEDS (WLED UDP) | LG OLED55B6V | Denon AVR-X3700H | Nvidia Shield Pro | PlayStation 4 Pro

• I will try the lite version then. And after installed buster on the sd card and bootup the pi I should give this command right?

sudo apt-get install kodi

Do i do that by the pc or in raspbian itself?

• Yes. Doesn't matter if though ssh or direct. Just follow the tutorial, it's all explained there.

HyperHDR & HASS on Raspberry Pi 4 | 4K 4:4:4 Grabber 60hz | Wemos D1 Mini - 221 LEDS (WLED UDP) | LG OLED55B6V | Denon AVR-X3700H | Nvidia Shield Pro | PlayStation 4 Pro

• Resolution of UI is 1080p so I can run at 60hz. My TV can handle 4K HDR 60hz but my AVR is limited to 4K 30hz passthrough. Doesn't matter for movie content. UI resolution doesn't affect playing 4K content.

I did not add that flag to my config since it is of no use to me.

• You can run the Kodi UI part in any resolution. This does not mean all content is also forced in that resolution. For me 1080p 60hz runs UI smooth.

I will do some more 4k content testing tonight as well.

• I made also some of those test.

1920x1080@60 as resolution worked the best for 4k content.

I also read on LE forum that the some people fix stutter by downgrade from 9.2.1 to 9.2.0

• Tried a different 4k movie and immediately had signal drops with this one. Guess it's not working properly after all. Doesn't matter much since Hyperion can't work well with 4k anyway on a Pi4.

• That is true. Pi4 and 4k is difficult with hyperion.

I have 1920x1080@60hz as UI
    And whitelisted for 4k 23,98 and 24 and for 1080 23,98,24,50,59,94 and 60.

this worked the best and gave the best result without freezing or signal drop.

• Hi puck.

Thanks for sharing your setup.

I have had mine setup since some time ago but instead of wled I was using diyhue (a virtual hue hub) to interface my Lightstrip.

I wrote some custom code to disable the hyperion UDP stream over MQTT in home assistant. Worked fine but I have been adding more and more wled projects throughout the house and now I am using it for hyperion.

I now want to interface again from home assistant and use the API call to disable hyperion under certain conditions (harmony remote activities).

Could you share your home assistant automation to disable hyperion?.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Paul.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!