Simple software WLED setup with Pi4 Kodi and PS4 Pro HDR

• The log output currently matters... everything else is guessing...

sure :)

when i save to adalight:and lleave everything as it is preset i got this:

Code
    [hyperiond LEDDEVICE] (INFO) LedDevice 'adalight' found. [hyperiond LEDDEVICE] (DEBUG) (LedDeviceAdalight.cpp:56:init()) Adalight header for 240 leds: Ada 0x00 0xef 0xba
    [hyperiond LEDDEVICE] (INFO) Opening UART: /dev/ttyACM0
    [hyperiond LEDDEVICE] (ERROR) Device disabled, device 'adalight' signals error: 'Error opening device!'
    [hyperiond WEBSOCKET] (DEBUG) (WebSocketClient.cpp:204:sendClose()) send close: 1000

im guesssing:) its bc the device is connected to /dev/ttyUSB1 and not to /dev/ttyACM0

so i set to usb1 and i got this:

Code
    [hyperiond LEDDEVICE] (INFO) LedDevice 'adalight' found.
    [hyperiond LEDDEVICE] (DEBUG) (LedDeviceAdalight.cpp:56:init()) Adalight header for 240 leds: Ada 0x00 0xef 0xba
    [hyperiond LEDDEVICE] (INFO) Opening UART: /dev/ttyUSB1
    [hyperiond LEDDEVICE] (DEBUG) (ProviderRs232.cpp:219:tryOpen()) Setting baud rate to 1000000
    [hyperiond LEDDEVICE] (DEBUG) (ProviderRs232.cpp:235:tryOpen()) Device blocked for 1500 ms
    [hyperiond WEBSOCKET] (DEBUG) (WebSocketClient.cpp:204:sendClose()) send close: 1000

changig back to udpraw (works):

Code
    [hyperiond LEDDEVICE] (DEBUG) (ProviderRs232.cpp:152:closeDevice()) Close UART: /dev/ttyUSB1
    [hyperiond LEDDEVICE] (INFO) LedDevice 'udpraw' found.
    [hyperiond LEDDEVICE] (DEBUG) (ProviderUdp.cpp:40:init()) Successfully parsed 192.168.2.202 as an ip address.
    [hyperiond LEDDEVICE] (DEBUG) (ProviderUdp.cpp:70:init()) UDP using 192.168.2.202:19446

BTW:
    Hyperion:~ # dmesg

Code
    [ 3793.768653] usb 1-1.3: new full-speed USB device number 8 using xhci_hcd
    [ 3793.865108] usb 1-1.3: New USB device found, idVendor=1a86, idProduct=7523, bcdDevice= 2.54
    [ 3793.865117] usb 1-1.3: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
    [ 3793.865123] usb 1-1.3: Product: USB2.0-Ser!
    [ 3793.869775] ch341 1-1.3:1.0: ch341-uart converter detected
    [ 3793.874488] usb 1-1.3: ch341-uart converter now attached to ttyUSB1

Hyperion:~ # lsusb

Code
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
    Bus 001 Device 005: ID 1a86:7523 QinHeng Electronics HL-340 USB-Serial adapter
    Bus 001 Device 008: ID 1a86:7523 QinHeng Electronics HL-340 USB-Serial adapter
    Bus 001 Device 006: ID 534d:2109 
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 2109:3431 VIA Labs, Inc. Hub
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    • Offizieller Beitrag

@Zoltán Varga Thanks for the logs.Now I got what you want to achieve.

I set up the same on my end.
    You are right. The WLED is registered as a "ttyUSBx" device.
    You can capture the output path as "ttyUSBx" or just specify "auto".

2nd thing you need to set, is the Baudrate to "115200".

Then it should work hopefully.

Here is the configuration which work for me as a reference:

• Thank you!!!

the key was "auto" and not /dev/ttyUSB1 and 115200 not 1000000.

thanks again!

(now could you redirect me somwhere where i can find a proper how to on installing hyperion o raspbian?
    funny thing that i did a few weeks back, and worked, now, after sudo dpkg -i Hyperion-2.0.0-alpha.6-Linux-armv7l.deb,
    it installs, but never runs, also no webinterface available - on LibreElec everything works perfectly)

• hi, id ilke to ask someone, to reproduce this:

turn off the rpi, unplug the usb power supply.
    and plug in again, while the nodemcu/wled is connected to the USB port (and the nodemcu is also connected to the leds and leds' power supply)

mine wont turn on, while nodemcu is connected to the usb, however reboot works just fine.

is it just my rpi4 with libreelec or its the same for you too?

• HyperHDR & HASS on Raspberry Pi 4 | 4K 4:4:4 Grabber 60hz | Wemos D1 Mini - 221 LEDS (WLED UDP) | LG OLED55B6V | Denon AVR-X3700H | Nvidia Shield Pro | PlayStation 4 Pro

• Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Just a quick POC video, maybe its a bit distracting, the sides being mirrored on the bottom too, so probably im gonna turn them off,
    but the point here is the speed, how smooth and fluid it is.
    i set everything that is about FPS or HZ to 60, and its perfectly in sync.

thanks hyperion team for the software! :)

RPi4 drives the 228 leds behind the TV and a NodeMCU drives 180 leds on the bottom connected via USB to the rpi4. (i tried with 4m, 240 leds too, nodemcu had no problem with it, its just too long for my furniture)

• The vibrancy is great!. Would you mind detailing your LED strip type and image processing settings.
    My vibrancy and intensity is very dull compared to yours.

I had to set my gamma on R,G, B to 2.9 in order for my set up to identify black correctly. ie no light on when black. This really reduced the effect.

Would appreciate any tips and advice.

• The vibrancy is great!. Would you mind detailing your LED strip type and image processing settings.
    My vibrancy and intensity is very dull compared to yours.

I had to set my gamma on R,G, B to 2.9 in order for my set up to identify black correctly. ie no light on when black. This really reduced the effect.

Would appreciate any tips and advice.

Behind TV

Under TV

• Behind TV

Under TV

Thanks so much for sharing. Ill try these settings on my setup and see what its like. Could you let me know what USB capture device you are using?. A USB frame grabber? I don't have the option "USB Video: USB Video" on my device dropdown but im assuming it is showing up based on what you have plugged in.

• https://www.aliexpress.com/ite…042311.0.0.27424c4dAZm0nm

(btw, dont use my color settings. you should open a full white/red/green/blue/cyan/magenta/yellow 1920x1080 picture on your screen, and then use the remote controll page to adjust each color to your wall. set each color to its default value, and then adjust white to white picture green to green etc. onyl that color what you seen on the screen. and when its ok to your eyes, you should save those values at the Configuration/Image Processing page.)

• Update: Now controlling WLED over USB using adalight interface and all delays are gone. Incredibly responsive. See post below.

I didn't understand how to connect WLED that means ESP32 over USB to raspberry PI. Could enyone explain me how it should be work ?

Yesterday I plugged in the WLED directly on the Pi4 over USB and used adalight interface to control the LEDS over UBS instead of UDP. The difference is night and day! The delays are completely gone and the LEDS are way more responsive. I can't believe I didn't try this from the start. I guess I was already impressed by the initial outcome :) See updated post. Here's an updated video streaming a 1080p Netflix movie:

So that means USB -> microUSB , Raspberry pi -> ESP32, and you power ESP32 via USB from raspberry PI ?

• I run WLED on a Wemos D1 Mini which has a USB connection. Connect that to the Pi and set LED Hardware to USB/Serial: Adalight. The Wemos D1 is indeed powered via USB, the LEDs are on external power though.

HyperHDR & HASS on Raspberry Pi 4 | 4K 4:4:4 Grabber 60hz | Wemos D1 Mini - 221 LEDS (WLED UDP) | LG OLED55B6V | Denon AVR-X3700H | Nvidia Shield Pro | PlayStation 4 Pro

• So ever since I found this post some time ago and used chiaki to stream my ps4 to hyperion it's been a brilliant solution. Thanks again for sharing.

However I'm now looking to get a Ps5 on launch and I'm hoping I can still to the same. Chances are chiaki won't work with this though and I'm gonna be really dissapointed.

There is still no hardware solution available that won't strip HDR. Has anyone else considered how to do this with the new consoles?

• I switched to a 4k HDMI grabber and use HyperHDR for (fake) tone-mapping conversion of HDR -> SDR. Works on all copy-protected sources like Netflix (on Shield) and my PS4 Pro. Might work on PS5 (if not using HDMI 2.1 features). See my signature and this topic.

HyperHDR & HASS on Raspberry Pi 4 | 4K 4:4:4 Grabber 60hz | Wemos D1 Mini - 221 LEDS (WLED UDP) | LG OLED55B6V | Denon AVR-X3700H | Nvidia Shield Pro | PlayStation 4 Pro

• I use a Wemos D1 Mini with WLED to control the LEDs. HyperHDR / Hyperion sends data over Wifi to handle processing.

I didn't install HyperHDR the OS btw, just installed it on latest Raspbian manually, alongside some other things.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!