Hyperion NG help please to setup 2 AtmoORB

• The device does not work after a restart of hyperion, but does not show the error. I was mostly highlighting the error after I disable/enable the device.

Below is the output of journalctl -fu hyperion.service while I do a systemctl restart hyperion.service and then start a rainbow swirl fast through the web ui.

No activity on the AtmoOrbs.

I then go to the web ui and disable/enable the AtmoOrb device (showing overlapping logs to ensure I didn't miss anything):

Code
    Sep 01 08:48:26 LibreELEC hyperiond[24534]: 2020-09-01T08:48:26.797 hyperiond HYPERION     : <DEBUG> PriorityMuxer.cpp:238:setInputImage() | Priority 1 is now active
    Sep 01 08:48:26 LibreELEC hyperiond[24534]: 2020-09-01T08:48:26.798 hyperiond HYPERION     : <DEBUG> PriorityMuxer.cpp:333:setCurrentTime() | Set visible priority to 1
    Sep 01 08:52:33 LibreELEC hyperiond[24534]: 2020-09-01T08:52:33.174 hyperiond COMPONENTREG : <DEBUG> ComponentRegister.cpp:36:setNewComponentState() | LED device: disabled
    Sep 01 08:52:35 LibreELEC hyperiond[24534]: QNativeSocketEngine::bind() was not called in QAbstractSocket::UnconnectedState
    Sep 01 08:52:35 LibreELEC hyperiond[24534]: 2020-09-01T08:52:35.098 hyperiond LEDDEVICE    : <ERROR> Device disabled, device 'atmoorb' signals error: '(-1) Unknown error, MulticastGroup: (239.15.18.2)'
    Sep 01 08:52:35 LibreELEC [24534]: Device disabled, device 'atmoorb' signals error: '(-1) Unknown error, MulticastGroup: (239.15.18.2)'

One thing I am wondering is how do I tell hyperion which orb ID is left, and which is right? Or more specifically: how do I match the orb IDs to the LED IDs? I have two LEDs in the LED config and two orb IDs in the device config. Note: I have also tried it with one LED and one orb ID, but that didn't work either.

• Offizieller Beitrag

@Blokmeister I applied a fix for the "bind" issue.

https://github.com/hyperion-project/hyperion.ng/pull/988

Would you mind testing with PR#988 again, please?

• Offizieller Beitrag

One thing I am wondering is how do I tell hyperion which orb ID is left, and which is right? Or more specifically: how do I match the orb IDs to the LED IDs? I have two LEDs in the LED config and two orb IDs in the device config.

What may be confusing is that the Orb are number 1,2,... while the numbering of LEDs in the layout start at zero.Therefore your Orb 1 is Led 0 in the layout.

Nevertheless, you can give speaking names to your Leds.
    You update the text in the "Generated/Current LED Configuration" textbox

You might want to copy they following into the textbox and press "Update Preview"

You should see

To further refine the layout you might want to have a look at the following documentation:

https://docs.hyperion-project.…/Advanced.html#led-layout

• I installed the latest PR using the procedure described earlier. However, it gives me an error when starting:

I'm still troubleshooting a bit on my own to see if I have messed up myself or not.

• Okay, I did a manual update by just downloading the artifact and copying that over my hyperion service. Now it starts properly. Moreover, no more errors in the logs. When I move tabs, the LED device stays enabled. However, my AtmoOrbs still don't light up.

What could I be doing wrong?

See logs below:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!