SDR & HDR 1080p/4k capable setup with Hyperion-NG for Media Center

• I've tested on default settings for signal detection and it works as intended:

I've paused the movie on the intro black frame and then I resumed it.

• Then it will probably be due to my settings for (VMin, Hmin, VMax, Hmax), I'll try that out.

Thanks and regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• The Hyperion default values do not give me a satisfactory result.
    Mainly I use hyperion (classic) and there the colors (details) are much better for me.
    With the settings for hyperion-ng I come at least closer.

As I write earlier I experience the same. Could not calibrated it in SDR as I want.
    I've got idea than maybe I can revert color processing procedure and restore old configuration from the classic Hyperion but it's one way ticket.
    Must be remembered that HDR lut correction isn't 100% bulletproof: there are some information lost and it's only a try (good one I think) to make it look as on the TV and even with old color procedure there will be some differences. Fortunately mainly in dark areas of the frame.

• Good news!
    How to eat a cake and have a cake? Yes, now it's possible for the color calibration at least.
    I added old Hyperion calibration panel with most settings.
    And yes, saturation & luminance control is back now :D

It's possible now to switch between new/old calibration panel to compare result. On default settings there will be no difference of course.
    Dont know..maybe I'm too stupid, there are too many settings or my lack of patient cause I could not set calibration with new Hyperion.NG panel.
    Old one was clean & simply.

And one more important thing.
    Because I included latest patches from Hyperion.NG there is a support for sk9822 now.
    Most users think that they have APA102.
    In fact most (if not all) models of leds sold on Aliexpress are their chipper clone sk9822.
    You can find on the internet how to recognize them.
    However the protocol is not 100% compatible with APA102 and it may cause different problems (flickering?).
    I think even after included it the Hyperion.NG the protocol isn't fixed.
    In my fork I added patch found in FastLed to make it work better but I could not test it.

New prerelease:
    https://github.com/awawa-dev/HyperHDR/releases/tag/v9.2.0.8

• Sorry for a slight off topic: Is there a list best grabbers that will work with this software? the one that is suggested in first thread is: "ezcap 269" but are there any other? Also the mentioned one is capable of HDR 4K@60Hz but with new consoles coming in are there valid approaches to have HDR 4K@120 ideally with VRR support?

• awesome thank you! will try this over the weekend!

• @Awawa
    Would it be possible to set the values for temperature, saturation & luminance with hyperion-remote?
    I really like the old options in hyperion-ng.

Regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    -

Ambilight for ever

• Dont know about hyperion-remote but controlling saturation/luminescence/temperature is possible by JSON api already as a side effect.
    https://docs.hyperion-project.…rverInfo.html#adjustments
    New proprieties:
    "temperatureRed"
    "temperatureGreen"
    "temperatureBlue"
    "saturationGain"
    "luminanceGain"

• OK. thanks.

Regards pclin

• In the HyperionControl plugin (Dreambox), we use hyperion-remote to set the values.
    So you have live changes directly when you make changes to the color settings, and not only when saving as with hyperion-ng. That makes it much easier to calibrate the colors.

Regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

-

FireTV 4K max

-
    -

Ambilight for ever

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von pclin ()

• @pclin I will look into this.

And for advanced users as I don't have a plan to release new version in a few next weeks:

After some experiments I think I improved the LUT table generator. Main changes:
    - gamma promotion was too strong, a lot of details were lost in the dark scenes. Now I reduced a bit gamma curve to bring the details back, at least for some level as we cant have real HDR on SDR capture device.
    - promote blue, and some red for a cost of a green component.

First LUT generator was optimized for HDR promo demos as a proof of concept. The problem was that they were too bright, real movies aren't.
    For example in Avanpost in the dark scene dark blue color turns into celadon and that was annoying.

New improved LUT table for tests.
    https://github.com/awawa-dev/H…imental_lut_lin_tables.7z

• Hello !!
    I have a little problem with HyperHDR on a pi3.
    I use your latet version but I can't find the setting for baud rate anymore with adalight..

Before we could set the baud rate, now it is not possible and of course my Leds don't work.
    Is it normal that it was removed?

• Feel really stupid, now...I've got solution before eyes.
    The problem was solved in ITU-R BT.2446-0 and I missed it few months ago. No more guessing color correction now.

Please download again https://github.com/awawa-dev/H…imental_lut_lin_tables.7z

HDR to SDR is perfect color matching now with bt2020 HDR10.
    Really need take a break now...

• Out of schedule but I've got some new ideas and time due to the pandemic situation in the country.

• I found some place to improve how the mean color from the input source (grabber or other) is computed.
      In Hyperion.NG it's done by averaging red,green,blue.

Why it isn't optimal algorithm is explained here:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
      Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
      Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

So I've introduced two new option for LED color processing

• Advanced option:
        Mean color is computed as square root of average color component to second power.
        LED are generally brighter.
        You can see the difference on the following screenshots.

Hyperion default mean color:
        averaging sum of color component causes red to be reduced by the black surrounding.

New advanced option:
        preserves the brightness

• Advanced weighted: the algorithm I prefer.
        For each led the input image box is divided in a half: first closer to the (TV) edge and the second.
        The mean color is computed as advanced option for each box, then final mean color is computed as 3/4 of 1' and 1/4 of 2".
        This cause that the part of the image that is closer to the TV edge has greater impact on the LED.

Algorithms are optimized so it shouldn't have any significant impact on the main thread performance (we have a lot of room as the grabber is moved to other threads)

• Improved LUT table. The first idea came from the FastHDR project. I understand now what it works. I think that was a lucky shot...but really good one.
      Even now I think that it produces far better results than ITE base algorithm. But it lost some details in the dark scenes so I've introduced some elements of ITE to bring them back. But FastHDR concept is still dominant.
      BT2020 to BT709 option is removed as it wasn't necessary and it shifted image towards the red.

• At last :) LUT table now is included in the DEB & RPM installers! But check logs in the debug mode to make sure if it's work as it's the first release of that type.

• @pclin I've added luminescence,saturation & temperature control for hyperion-remote. Option 'Hyperion classic calibration" must be activated first in the color calibration web panel.

Make sure that you removed LUT table from the previous version!
    https://github.com/awawa-dev/H…R/releases/tag/v10.2.0.8A
    This is a pre-release for advanced users for now.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!