SDR & HDR 1080p/4k capable setup with Hyperion-NG for Media Center

• I found a bug in HyperHDR: when (re)starting, the Remote Control / API sets HDR tone mapping on, but it is not actually on. This causes issues with my Home Assistant integration, because I can't toggle it off: it directly goes on again (in API response). This is what I see when I just started HyperHDR:

However: "HDR to SDR tone mapping" is still off in Capturing Hardware settings.

To actually reset this, I need to click "on" and then "off" in remote control :D

HyperHDR & HASS on Raspberry Pi 4 | 4K 4:4:4 Grabber 60hz | Wemos D1 Mini - 221 LEDS (WLED UDP) | LG OLED55B6V | Denon AVR-X3700H | Nvidia Shield Pro | PlayStation 4 Pro

• @Awawa You have previously mentioned you turned off some core features (like CEC), even though the settings are still there. Is there a list of this? Are you planning on re-enabling these features again? It's a bit annoying no know what doesn't work anymore (and a bit strange).

I'm also hoping you will merge in the latest Hyperion.ng release. Obviously it would be better if your features would just be integrated into Hyperion.ng in general :) Can we expect this to happen?

HyperHDR & HASS on Raspberry Pi 4 | 4K 4:4:4 Grabber 60hz | Wemos D1 Mini - 221 LEDS (WLED UDP) | LG OLED55B6V | Denon AVR-X3700H | Nvidia Shield Pro | PlayStation 4 Pro

• @Puck I'm not providing support anymore here so Github or PM please. CEC is not needed for USB grabbers and all system captures are removed because it's a dead end in DRM era. Like analog stuff, for example UTV007. I'm focus on high capable grabbers. Most of important things are already merged as written in the release info. A lot of work in progress (things from feedback), mainly for Win10 and new shining features for SK6812 RGBW.

• Ah clear. Last time I checked Github Issues where disabled, but I see that is not the case anymore.

• @PuckMost of important things are already merged as written in the release info.

wait , did i miss something? is SDR-HDR mapping merged with the official release?

tbh i guess the whole community would prefer if there were only one branch of hyperion to follow.
    it is after all the original work of the hyperion team. they did all the pioneer work and provided it open-source. so why not join efforts following in line with this spirit instead of proliferating?

• Soon my friend as it needs more testing along side with a lot more new features and improvements :) I wouldnt recommend to control WS2812b/SK6812 with Rpi but it is your choice and it works in most cases.

BTW it seems that the Windows Media Foundation grabber worked and is working contrary to some unproven claims :D

• Where is the config for Hyperion? I modified the dockerfile for x64 and instead used debian slim, but I can't find where the config file is to make it persistent, once I delete the container all my configuration is lost. If possible I'll probably try to build an alpine docker image if I get the time though would appreciate someone that had the expertise because I don't right now and it will take a while!

For anyone curious:

• Using Unraid 6.9 rc2 (nice) NAS on wired ethernet
    • Installed DVB plugins for USB Grabber Drivers through community apps (requires 6.9 beta35 or later)
    • Attaching USB Grabber device to Docker through /dev/video0
    • NodeMCU esp8266 device behind WLAN behind TV (surprised at how well this works, completely synced with no delay)

Before I was using a PI, but this way allows me to hide the wires easily. I only need the WLED and the strip with one power supply and no dangling wires to a Pi4. One wire to hide on back of TV and the raspberry pi can do other things... though not sure what right now haha. I might put Hassio on it instead of in a docker to keep the uptime manageable and separate from NAS projects but I'm not a big fan of how long it takes to reboot that particular one...

• Offizieller Beitrag

hyperion.ng config and custom effect files are at "$HOME/.hyperion"

The main fonfiguration file is:

ls $HOME/.hyperion/db/
    hyperion.db

In case you find it helpful, you can also define the configuration location via the "-u" parameter during startup

see

• Ah perfect, then I can set it up similar to other dockers and create a data folder and mount it that way.
    Might try in the future to create a multi-architecture docker file for this like ls.io dockers (mainly to see how it's done) but if anyone has more expertise than me that would appreciated. My docker is 500+ MB at the moment, so not exactly lightweight but not terrible.

• Hey All,

So I created a new docker file for this for anyone interested.
    Right now it's x86 only but if you know what you're doing you can change the dockerfile to armv6/v7 easily.
    I've tested using following:

• Unraid, 6.9 RC2
    • DVB LibreELEC drivers installed through CA
    • Sharing /dev/video0 as a device to docker
    • WLED in use because simplest for me and only needs 1 wire!

you can probably get this working with a RPi if you add /dev/gpiomem and change the build for armv6/v7 but I haven't tested it yet so YMMV.
    I do plan on doing a couple things

• Adding in multiple architectures
    • Uploading to Docker Hub

But I'm new to deployment practices and trying to figure out best practices for that

https://github.com/pewter77/docker-hyperhdr

Cheers,
    Pewter

• Offizieller Beitrag

OK, but didnt upload anything new because I'm run out of free storage credits on Github ;) Ezcap 269 and old analog UTV007 works for me, the same laptop camera, one Logitech camera had some problems with encoding but didn't throw that error. Wonder why the library was load after the MFC throw error.

After reading through this thread, once again I noticed this pointless post. SINCE when does the Media Foundation support non-UVC capable devices (UTV007)? Long time not (more) so good laughed :LOL::roflmao::LOL::roflmao:

• The following automation toggles the HyperHDR tone mapping based on the Denon AVR state:

Code

Anyone knows how that would look like in iobroker?

Update:

With the port change I could get the info from my Denon x4700:

https://{IP_OF_DENON_AVR}:10443/ajax/general/get_config?type=12

The rest I managed to accomplish with some commands run by linux-control adapter.

• I've got this Capture card... it supports 4k HDR etc...

But in HyperHDR I have an issue, only 1/3 of the screen is captured.. and shown in the Live Video. This results in a not so very ambiant, led and image projection.

Any suggestions how to fix this?

• First I want to say a big thanks to Awawa for providing his solution for HDR colors correction, it's easy to setup and works amazingly well :D

I wanted to ask 2 questions, sorry if they have been asked a million time already, I couldn't find a clear answer;
    - My usb capture card does support 2K (while only capturing it in 1080p of course), but doesn't see the CEC commands for HDR on/off. Do you know any usb capture card that works with 2k60Hz and still gets the CEC data?
    - What automation app would you guys recommend for Android to easily send the HDR ON/OFF request to HyperHDR? Is Home Assistant a good solution?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!