Hi, all. I'm new here. Name is Bianca.
Ultimately I'm trying to get the ambilight setup on my living room TV. I'm not the most tech savvy person out there, but I'm willing to learn. I've watched a bunch of YouTube tutorials and reviews as well as read a handful of tutorials and posts on several different forums. I've gathered a few notes, but I want to make sure I'm buying the correct components before I even start taking on this daunting (but exciting) project.
So, first - what I have: I have a Sony OLED TV (A9G) capable of Dolby Vision. It's 77 in if that makes any difference. Video sources are an AppleTV 4K and an Xbox One X. Furthermore, I have the Bose Soundbar 500 w/ 2 wireless speakers and a subwoofer compatible with Dolby Atmos.
From what I've gathered, I will need to send the signal from the AppleTV/XBox to a HDFury in order to split the signal and downscale it. From the HDFury, I will be able to send a 4K HDR/DV signal to the Sony TV as well as a downscaled, 1080p signal to an HDMI2AV converter. The HDMI2AV converter will then send the signal, via composite cable, to a USB Video Grabber which will be attached to a Rasperry Pi w/ Hyperion.
So I have a few questions.
1. Does the above setup sound correct?
2. Which HDFury do I need? Diva/Integral 2/Vertex?
3. Currently, we have the soundbar connected to the TV via HDMI. Will this need to change?
4. Does it matter which Raspberry Pi I get?
5. It it necessary to use a HDMI2AV converter and composite cables? Can I just use an HDMI video grabber?
6. Does the HDFury also act as a switch or will I need to add an HDMI switch in front of it in order to be able to toggle back and forth between the AppleTV and Xbox?
Ultimately, I want the ambilight experience without having to sacrifice the Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision experiences as well.