Power Setup Help

• Hello all,

I am currently working on a prototype to add bias lighting to one of my televisions, and if all goes well, a template to build more bias lighting systems based on it. I'm looking to keep everything pretty well contained, and I'm having some trouble figuring out the power needs. Ideally I'd like to have just one power source to power the whole setup. Here is what I am planning on running as far as equipment goes:

• Raspberry Pi Zero W (or Raspberry Pi 3 Model B)
    • ~3m SK6812 LED Light Strip (180 LEDs)
    • Micro USB to Female USB-A
    • 4k HDMI Splitter
    • 4k HDMI to USB video capture device

It looks like the Pi Zero draws ~120-160 mA at ~5V. According to the website I purchased the LEDs from, they use 18W per meter, so with a 5V power supply that'd be 3.6A per meter. From what I can tell, the 4k HDMI splitter requires a power supply of 5V/1A. I'm not sure what kind of power requirements the USB capture device has.

I'm currently testing with a 5V/10A power supply, but I have a feeling that isn't enough to power all these devices.

I'm relatively new to the whole power calculation thing, so I'd appreciate if anyone had any insight into how I could go about powering this system with a single power supply.

My end goal is to put this into a small project box with the ports cut out of the side and stick it to the back of the television.

Also, small side question. Would it be beneficial to connect power to both ends of the LED strip as they meet at the same point, or do you think there is enough power to not lose too much voltage across 3m?

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Rob

• Offizieller Beitrag

Also, small side question. Would it be beneficial to connect power to both ends of the LED strip as they meet at the same point, or do you think there is enough power to not loose too much voltage across 3m?

better to power it from both sides

180leds * 0,06A = 10,8A + Pi 1A+ 2A other devices = 13,8A in WORTH CASE so a 15A psu would be good

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!