Hyperion crashes and never comes back

• The issue I'm having is like this:

I install raspberry pi OS lite, I install hyperion, I configure hyperion, it works, I make a change to the hyperion configuration to improve the experience, the connection is lost, it does not come back no matter how long I wait, I reset my raspberry pi, the pi starts up, hyperion is not reachable at the url I was using to access it previously.

The only thing I can do to make it work again is reflash the SD card and start all over.

It's driving me crazy, I'm just trying to change settings to reduce lag and get the best overall experience.
    I have reflashed about 20 times now, it is getting old, please help me figure out what's going wrong.

• Offizieller Beitrag

@Meph88 Maybe as a start, you might want to share some debug log with us.
    As well as a detailed description what you did...

Put Hyperion.ng in debug mode and after the crash, get the log. Following command get the rpi log from the last hour.

sudo journalctl -S -1h

Share the output as a file here (but do not paste the content)

Hint for free: In case the changed configuration stops hyperion from starting, you might delete hyperion‘s configuration database and start new. There is no need to reinstall the whole system...

• what do you expect now from us? serious question...

Yeah, fair question.
    Well, I like your software, I really want to use it, and I am looking for any push in the right direction or any help that might get me to the goal of having this software run and do its job.

Please understand, I'm not a coder by trade, I am learning new skills, I am exploring the power of home automation, and this is a really good project and I'm learning a lot trying to make it work, but there comes a point where I reach the limit of my technical ability in a program that I am not an expert in, so I headed to the forum to see if someone more experienced could guide me closer to my goal of getting this cool software running smoothly in my home.

That's all.

• Cool.
    Ok.
    I don't expect you to take the time to walk me through every step and tell me how to put the system in debug mode.
    What would be really helpful is if you could direct me to some sort of resource that shows options such as debug mode and how to use it.
    I mean, there must be some set of at least basic instructions for that sort of stuff somewhere right?

Great tip about deleting the configuration database, maybe where that is so I can find it and delete it would also be available as a resource somewhere?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't expect you to take the time to walk me through every step and tell me how to put the system in debug mode.
    What would be really helpful is if you could direct me to some sort of resource that shows options such as debug mode and how to use it.

https://hyperion-project.org/search/?type=post

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!