Hyperion.NG + Pi3 + AppleTv 4k + Arduino

• Got all the hardware together that works with an Apple TV 4k. Hopefully this documentation helps someone out!

Hardware:

• Raspberry Pi 3 b+
    • Arduino Nano or Uno with WS2812B lights
    • splitter (4k 60hz, 1x2, 4:2:0 color)
    • Grabber -
    • HDMI --> RCA Converter -
    • 3A external power supply for ws2812 lights (65" TV). Otherwise everything else hooked into USB ports of Pi.

Software

• Hyperion.NG Alpha 6
    • adalight.ino loaded on arduino -

• Baudrate set to 1,000,000

Misc Notes

• I tried a digital HDMI grabber: - It works, but is laggy. The hdmi-->rca-->grabber is a lot faster. I'd say the HDMI grabber was ~.5sec slower. I wonder if a pi4 would do better?
    • Was not able to get ws2812b lights working straight from Pi. Although I hear it's buggy, I still wanted to try, but no luck.
    • I was able to get 4:2:2 color to work on another 1x2 splitter, but it was a little buggy. Video would cut out or not reach the Pi.
    • For anyone less knowledgeable about installing .deb files for Hyperion.NG - the easy way is to install the full desktop image for Pi, hook up a mouse, keyboard an monitor and use the UI to install the .deb file. :)
  • I have the same HDMI grabber, and it had a 0.5sec latency too even on a Pi4.
    I managed to fix this by reducing it's resolution and decimation in the config page.
    Works like a charm now ;)

Would you mind telling me what values you set these too? I am also having the 0.5s delay.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!